New Aldi Chainsaw

County 764

4 minutes ago, difflock said:

3 MONTHS for lidl then the warrenty is fobbed off to a third party, in Germany somewhere, which causes much angst, let me assure you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I hear. TBH for the price/quality ratio of their stuff I can live without a warranty. Bought a battery reciprocation saw, a battery jigsaw, a 5 amp hour battery with Samsung cells and fast charger all for 110 last week. Just the battery alone would have been that money for a name brand. 

• Like 1

Scheppach-Petrol-Chainsaw-A.jpg?o=yPKimH1e%244qess9d4v2QzUJGqP4j&V=ikkY&w=1200&h=630&r=4 WWW.ALDI.CO.UK
Keep your garden in top shape this summer. Buy yourself a new Scheppach petrol chainsaw and make quick work of cutting...  
Can anyone see what's not quite right about it? 
Would be quite entertaining to see a video of it in use!

Hahaha you’ll be a long time cutting with that

• 3 months later...

Frankly - i have used top class pro saws and these chinese tools. Inc a brushcutter from Lidls and unless yr screaming it thru conifer all year or chogging up big hardwoods, there is a strong arguement for this kit. I have seen guys ruin a good new stihl  saw in 9months. My brushcutter n top handle chinese tools are stihl going. But then i do look after tools of any description.  Regardless of their initial cost. K

Edited by Khriss
( plus if you get robbed out its less of a wallet biter )
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2019 at 19:20, Haironyourchest said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I hear. TBH for the price/quality ratio of their stuff I can live without a warranty. Bought a battery reciprocation saw, a battery jigsaw, a 5 amp hour battery with Samsung cells and fast charger all for 110 last week. Just the battery alone would have been that money for a name brand. 

Bought their ' Parkside'  jigsaw abt ten  yrs ago an after using my shitty old black n decker, it was like Jaws tearing thru wood. Ergonomically perfect. Just always smells funny. Top Tool tho' K

8 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Bought their ' Parkside'  jigsaw abt ten  yrs ago an after using my shitty old black n decker, it was like Jaws tearing thru wood. Ergonomically perfect. Just always smells funny. Top Tool tho' K

I just bought a new DeWalt Battery Jigsaw. Amazing bit of kit. Cant believe the junk I was using for the last 20 years. :S 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

i biught one of their crosscut saws with the angles for mitre cuttn,anyway went to use it,no starty,checked fuse,changed fuse,still no starty,phoned aldi customer dept,guy told me one in hawick aldis,he would phone aldis at hawick,put my name on it,no reciept, no matter, went down their and got a brand new saw,only thing they wanted to know was roughly when and where i had bought it,i had bought it in penicuick aldi 6 or 8 months previous.no probs.chuffed to bits i was.

13 minutes ago, struie said:

i biught one of their crosscut saws with the angles for mitre cuttn,anyway went to use it,no starty,checked fuse,changed fuse,still no starty,phoned aldi customer dept,guy told me one in hawick aldis,he would phone aldis at hawick,put my name on it,no reciept, no matter, went down their and got a brand new saw,only thing they wanted to know was roughly when and where i had bought it,i had bought it in penicuick aldi 6 or 8 months previous.no probs.chuffed to bits i was.

Fuckme! Hawick has an ALDI !! Its in the fukkal of nowhere ? I passed my driving test there in 1986 ? K

• Haha 1