Are Protos Helmets worth the money?

Treerover

I’m afraid to say I’ve not actually worn mine yet ? it’s too nice to put to work in horrible Sitka thinnings! 

Im actually waiting for my new Sena 50S to arrive so I can install it. Once it’s here and all is fitted I’ll let iron man out to play!

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Ok I think I should now latterly follow up my original post.
Based on some suggestions, and like a tight arse recidivist, I bought the Petzl lid. I’m used to Petzl hats, but yet again from the first day I knew it wasn’t for my horse box shaped head.
I have persevered with it for too long and thought I’d take the other camps advice eventually after many months of poorly fitting, headache inducing wobbly hat .....I took the advice and bought the Protos.
A) what a beautifully designed and engineered piece of work it is
B) The options of adjustment are second to none
C) The gentle fit and resultant enjoyment are a thing of delight !!!

So to all the folk who’s initial advice I was determined might be wrong , you weren’t !
Thank you .
I genuinely find this placcy ‘at a treat to don.
Lovely stuff.
Many thanks brothers [emoji1307]

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Treerover said:

Ok I think I should now latterly follow up my original post.
Based on some suggestions, and like a tight arse recidivist, I bought the Petzl lid. I’m used to Petzl hats, but yet again from the first day I knew it wasn’t for my horse box shaped head.
I have persevered with it for too long and thought I’d take the other camps advice eventually after many months of poorly fitting, headache inducing wobbly hat .....I took the advice and bought the Protos.
A) what a beautifully designed and engineered piece of work it is
B) The options of adjustment are second to none
C) The gentle fit and resultant enjoyment are a thing of delight !!!

So to all the folk who’s initial advice I was determined might be wrong , you weren’t !
Thank you .
I genuinely find this placcy ‘at a treat to don.
Lovely stuff.
Many thanks brothers emoji1307.png

Interesting to know....

My first petzl with the adjustment dial at the back was ace.... This new one with different thickness.of headband is shite.... Utter stupid design made for petzl just to gain more money.  Like you say it's a wobbly sod and worse when wearing glasses like me. Hate the bloody thing. Wish my old helmet wasn't run over by a tracked chipper lol

My mates just bought a protos but hasn't brought it to work yet!!!! Me being a tight git was still thinking petzl but might have to push the boundaries and go for the protos :D

Edited by swinny