Are Protos Helmets worth the money?

Treerover

Pretty shit for what it is , fall apart , crap hearing rating , generally pretty uncomfortable , stupidly brought another just to see if the first one I had was as bad as I remember, thought it might make a difference after cutting the sides of my hair... unfortunately it is as bad as I remembered ! Only good thing about them is you can put them on eBay and sell them for nearly as much as you paid , try doing that with a 12 month old petzl [emoji23]

• Like 2

Pretty shit for what it is , fall apart , crap hearing rating , generally pretty uncomfortable , stupidly brought another just to see if the first one I had was as bad as I remember, thought it might make a difference after cutting the sides of my hair... unfortunately it is as bad as I remembered ! Only good thing about them is you can put them on eBay and sell them for nearly as much as you paid , try doing that with a 12 month old petzl [emoji23]

Funny I couldn't disagree more with u mate I've found them more robust buy a country mile then any flimsy shit petzl the visors on all other helmets are nothing but a joke constantly needing to be replaced ! I dont get the hole power ranger thing either to be honest I just think they look professional and made for the job but that is only my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs [emoji4]
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

The visors are great especially how they pop into place & seal when you flip them down (also nice for attaching microphone if you're using Sena comms.)

If it wasn't for the poor hearing protection I'd wear Protos more often.

Funny I couldn't disagree more with u mate I've found them more robust buy a country mile then any flimsy shit petzl the visors on all other helmets are nothing but a joke constantly needing to be replaced ! I dont get the hole power ranger thing either to be honest I just think they look professional and made for the job but that is only my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs emoji4.png

Visors are good I’ll give it that, they are probably the best on the market , working in days like the last few they still don’t solve getting face fulls of saw dust but I think most days I pick it up the bloody muffs fall off at least twice they are about as reliable as broken peltors from new but with out the wire sticking in the side of your head.
I did buy it with full intentions of swapping the muffs over to Peltors but I’m not a big fan of them for the above reasons so just kind of persevered with them.
Shame there is not a sordin conversion.

• Like 2

Absolurlty amazing very very clear last for ages no interference and very easy to use! Just bloody expensive but for me worth every penny! Had senas before they just to much faffing and cutting helmet etc protos ones brilliant and only in one ear so you can talk to the client and hear the other person very easily

Visors are good I’ll give it that, they are probably the best on the market , working in days like the last few they still don’t solve getting face fulls of saw dust but I think most days I pick it up the bloody muffs fall off at least twice they are about as reliable as broken peltors from new but with out the wire sticking in the side of your head.
I did buy it with full intentions of swapping the muffs over to Peltors but I’m not a big fan of them for the above reasons so just kind of persevered with them.
Shame there is not a sordin conversion.
True the muffs falling off drives me round the fkn bend [emoji23]
  • Like 1