Are Protos Helmets worth the money?

Treerover

I'm at my wits end with my CT helmet. Its dreadful. Always going out of adjustment and you constantly find it flopping around after a short while....its literally doing my head in. So for those of you who already own a Protos, do you think its the best helmet currently available that you've tried and has it been worthy of the considerable investment despite its questionable Power Ranger design influences ?

Protos-Integral-Arborist-Colour-Variation.jpg

Have been considering one aswell....

I bought a new petzl vertex vent a couple of years back and the adjuster for the head strap had changed and other bits. Its crap. Crappy earmuffs pop off also. Looking at the proto's. Mesh visor looks a decent size. Hope the mesh is finer than the plastic crap on the petzl

The Protos are very nice fitting except for the earmuffs. As such I now prefer the new (2019) Petzl Vertex Vent with chipper spec MSA earmuffs. As mentioned by swinny above the old Vertex Vent is rubbish.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has fitted the Peltor X4 muffs to a Protos with the new attachment brackets.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

looking at getting one soon .... but this thread has left me  just as undecided as I was before I read it !!?     any other pfanner stuff I have had has been brilliant , so I have little doubt the protos will disappoint  !!....

I avoided buying one for ages, bought one this year and I can’t recommend it high enough.

Adjust the fittings correctly and the earmuffs are fine.

My Husqvarna Technical is now my Brushcutter helmet, it feels like a flimsy piece of loose plastic on my head now.

Expensive, yes, but how much do you value your skull? £200 for trousers, similar for boots, my head is worth the most.

• Like 7

The Protos are very nice fitting except for the earmuffs. As such I now prefer the new (2019) Petzl Vertex Vent with chipper spec MSA earmuffs. As mentioned by swinny above the old Vertex Vent is rubbish.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has fitted the Peltor X4 muffs to a Protos with the new attachment brackets.

This is interesting , what problems do the ear muffs suffer from ?