Towable petrol log splitters

Jonsey13

I’m in the market for a towable petrol log splitter for home use and possible a bit of part time splitting service for customers, looking for a vertical/horizontal for comfort and ease of use, like the look of the Venom 22 ton for its price and good reviews, and possibly the Balfour 22, not sure on the Thor as probably be to expensive?, want to keep below the £2000 mark, any Black Friday deals on at the min, or good 2nd hand equipment about, based in Suffolk,  and your options and real world experience on owning and using whatever you have.

Regards

Kieran.

Hi Mike,

Yes I bought a Venom 22 ton yesterday from SJH Machinery,  Kington branch, the latest model with the log support and table,managed to get £90 knocked off the price!, got it for just over £1700 all in, not sure if they would do anymore deals I think they would, speak with Charlie on the machinery sales.

+44 (0) 1544 231 114

SJHMACHINERY.CO.UK

Farm Machinery Sales Herefordshire

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m1chaelw said:

Did you get anywhere with this? im in the market for the same thing?

regards

mike

5 minutes ago, Woodsman1967 said:

I've had an AMR 12 ton towable petrol splitter for about 6 months now and can't fault it .

Costs considerably more than the ones your looking at but is fast , fuel efficient , tows lovely and even though only rated at 12 ton splits most things ?

I looked at these on the fuelwood site, they look a very good machine, only bought the venom as it’s had a fair reviews, and It’s only for my own personal use and do a few loads to sell, so hopefully this will do the job for now, they hope to upgrade in a few years time.

Does the AMR come with a Honda lump?