Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

How would the self powered flail mower work backwards, so to speak?
They are obviously designed to be pulled, not pushed.
Or am I missing something?

on the front of a mini loader it would be pushed not pulled anyway, taking the drive system off the self propelled, mounting it to the front of the loader, so the engine on the flail powers the flail

On 10/06/2022 at 22:25, Mark Bolam said:

We all want more inches Big Lad!

Marcs 230 was perfect here as we could shove it round with the loader in awkward spots.

Cord was left on site, habitat piles!

It’s a joy leaving 12” heavy in 6’ lengths and just stacking in the brambles!

Mark Broadley’s Bandit would have got bogged, we can call in the bigger guns if we need them, but this wasn’t the site for it.

Bigger chipper = bigger truck for me.

Where does it end?!!!!

Are you going to the APF?

I will be at apf mate will see you there 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 08:03, Dbikeguy said:

Flails and mini loaders…
I’m looking at ways of mechanising a few yearly jobs mostly clearing long grass, nettles etc currently using hand held strimmers.

Looking at a mini loader for the landscaping side of things, either a cast or sherpa (needs to go below 80cm to deal with domestic side gates to be able to maximise its use)
Has anyone found a flail they will run? i’ve found some that sit in the middle of the required flow rates but can’t find any videos

When i was looking, I had one off rawstone hire they run a worky quad and flail on their fleet. if youre from the south east give it a go with them. I found it worked well

On 11/06/2022 at 08:24, Mark Bolam said:

@Dave Alviti recently put a vid up of a 1m flail on the Microbull thread.

You’d need to go narrower for access, obviously, or detach the flail to get in the gates.

We also have a 0.6m Seppi Flail to fit the microbull, which is then the same width as the machine for access - 750mm 

The microbull 23hp Pro2 has 3 pumps, so a separate pump putting out 30lpm to the flail. Obviously a different league to the bigger machines but still surprisingly capable 

This is a video of the 1m flail 

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the Klou stump grinder attachment available for the Sherpa? I have a FSI B22 grinder so I wouldn't expect it to be better than that, but the thought of pushing a few levers rather than wrestling a stump grinder has its appeal. This comes after a 6 hour stump on Friday that I have to go back to finish off! It was up a bank so I was constantly wrestling the machine to get it on the stump. The B22 is normally a real pleasure to use but on occasions a more lazy approach would be welcome.

I think the sherpa 100 has similar spec to the Giant, we sold one onto a Giant last year and a shepa, good feedback so far. 

I think simialr performance to a pedestrian, and the action of grinding doesn't suit everyone, but they are a well built unit and the interchangeable back plate means they can be swapped between machines if you upgrade in the future 

This is on a single pump Giant SK252D - bit of an ash log (didn't have any stumps to hand!)

13 minutes ago, Bloom said:

Any thoughts on the Klou stump grinder attachment available for the Sherpa? I have a FSI B22 grinder so I wouldn't expect it to be better than that, but the thought of pushing a few levers rather than wrestling a stump grinder has its appeal. This comes after a 6 hour stump on Friday that I have to go back to finish off! It was up a bank so I was constantly wrestling the machine to get it on the stump. The B22 is normally a real pleasure to use but on occasions a more lazy approach would be welcome.

This with a touch of welding brackets etc will fit the Sherpa like it was made for it. 29hp Loncin engine on top, should be wicked!

ROCKMACHINERY.CO.UK

Introducing the new RG24 PTO Stump Grinder. Our new PTO powered grinder easily connects to...

I’ve seen videos of the klou, it just looks painful. 

3 hours ago, Bloom said:

i tried one out, it wasnt great but this was only on an 11hp machine. Think id have been better off chewing the stump myself. each to their own but for the outlay id rather wrestle and make light work with the fsi for the odd occasion that it would be handy on the skid.  

• Like 1