Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

I wasnt going to get involved in this parody any more but certain things need to be clarified, on the subject of taxation, yes the higher rate is 1pence dearer in scotland, a whole 1% for the minority who pay it. and if bawjaws can claim he has a mandate with the figures  that are being bandied about then sturgeon, with higher figures can also do so,  and now for a little known fact for all you superior southerners out there....legally scotland is the senior country in the union, how so, James the 6th of scotland was asked to take up the crown of england to keep the stuart line(which incidentally doesnt exsist anymore, you are now rulled by the gothe saxe-coberg  dynasty of german extraction), at the time of acceptance. scotland was the only one of the two countries with a soverign, and a constitution, england still has no constitution by the way, therfore it automatically assumed seniority by default,  and lastly, if bawjaws, in his arrogance denies the scottish people the right to a section 30  referendum, he will start a legal procsess will will lead all the way to an international court and could see far reaching effects on england as a country.   the next couple of months are going to be very interesting in the political proscess, and not as simple as everyone has been led to believe, enjoy your trip back to victorian england guys, and  start learning how to be subserviant to your rich, elite masters again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, agrimog said:

I wasnt going to get involved in this parody any more but certain things need to be clarified, on the subject of taxation, yes the higher rate is 1pence dearer in scotland, a whole 1% for the minority who pay it. and if bawjaws can claim he has a mandate with the figures  that are being bandied about then sturgeon, with higher figures can also do so,  and now for a little known fact for all you superior southerners out there....legally scotland is the senior country in the union, how so, James the 6th of scotland was asked to take up the crown of england to keep the stuart line(which incidentally doesnt exsist anymore, you are now rulled by the gothe saxe-coberg  dynasty of german extraction), at the time of acceptance. scotland was the only one of the two countries with a soverign, and a constitution, england still has no constitution by the way, therfore it automatically assumed seniority by default,  and lastly, if bawjaws, in his arrogance denies the scottish people the right to a section 30  referendum, he will start a legal procsess will will lead all the way to an international court and could see far reaching effects on england as a country.   the next couple of months are going to be very interesting in the political proscess, and not as simple as everyone has been led to believe, enjoy your trip back to victorian england guys, and  start learning how to be subserviant to your rich, elite masters again

Your like one of the angry Scotsmen who sit in the pubs here moaning about the English yet refusing to move back north!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, agrimog said:

Half my family rant on about this article 30 pish. :D They also bring up hundreds and hundreds of years of ancient and irrelevant history like you have just done. 

The fact of the matter is we've had a referendum. A referendum the SNP had to beg the Tories for. The SNP have been begging for Indi#2 to not just the Tories but any party that has the slightest chance of getting into Number 10. Corbyn all but rubbered her with his wishy-washy 'one day' type reply and Sturgeon stayed on her knees gobbling him in the hope that he honours it. This Article 30 nonsense is just that and nothing more. 

If there is an Indi#2 there would have to be something put in place for stop another one for atleast a generation. Also, we should have a referendum to re-join the Union as often as we've had one to leave. Fairs fair right?

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Your like one of the angry Scotsmen who sit in the pubs here moaning about the English yet refusing to move back north!

Im proud to live in scotland , and call scotland my home, after working round most of the world, this is still one of the most beautifull and varied countries in the world, and why is it wrong to want your country to be free to make its own decissions, if it was any other country you would all be supporting there independance, perhaps the fear that maybe we are telling the truth, and englandshire needs us more than we need you...........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agrimog said:

The higher tax rate in Scotland kicks in substantially earlier than rest of Uk which you forgot to mention. As for the rest well I guess you enjoy history. 

50 minutes ago, agrimog said:

Im proud to live in scotland , and call scotland my home, after working round most of the world, this is still one of the most beautifull and varied countries in the world, and why is it wrong to want your country to be free to make its own decissions, if it was any other country you would all be supporting there independance, perhaps the fear that maybe we are telling the truth, and englandshire needs us more than we need you...........

I personally don’t care either way if you are independent or not. Just musings about the Scotsmen I know who live here in Lincoln. They were posted here (at least most of them)in the RAF and stay living here for years and decades in some cases after leaving all the time moaning about how shit it is.

please do leave and take Mrs Kranky and all the rest of the whiny SNP MPS in Westminster who hate England with you.

Edited by Richard 1234
  • Thanks 1

Are we gonna be in the realms of the English one as Mull describes me 

Missed this post till now, when I asked if you were the English one johnsond, I was trying to establish whether it was you or baldbloke, as you both appeared about the same time with similar arguments (at least on the posts I was looking at). I guess I need not have asked the question and if I offended you then I wholeheartedly and genuinely apologise. I live on an island with a high percentage of English people and it would be a poorer place without them.

[emoji20]  Im surprised @Mull was not joining in as well. [emoji6] [emoji3] 

And as for you, you can pi** off you Scottish pr**k[emoji38]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, agrimog said:

Blimey! You really don't like England do you? Do you have any English customers, and if you do, do you air your views to them? For me, for what it's worth, Scotland should go on it's own and either sink or swim. I want the Union to remain as it is, but maybe tweak it so that the other three nations get more of what they want, within reason, to bring them in line. Great Britain wouldn't have achieved what it has historically without you. It looks like the Scots on here are divided equally as to whether to leave the Union or stay. It looks, generally  on here, that the East coasters prefer to stay and the West coasters wish to go. Maybe I'm reading it it wrong. Is it that there seems more economic benefits to living in the East than in the West? 

• Like 1

Just now, David Cropper said:

Maybe I'm reading it it wrong. Is it that there seems more economic benefits to living in the East than in the West? 

Im in the North East and although I want independence I dont want the SNP dystopian version of it. I think the Oil industry plays a large part in the East Coast voting for the Tories and happy to remain in the Union. 

Now, where Trident forced to leave the Clyde the numerous Oil Fields that could be opened as the result could turn Glasgow or indeed the West Coast into a second Aberdeen/East Coast in regards to prosperity. 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Im in the North East and although I want independence I dont want the SNP dystopian version of it. I think the Oil industry plays a large part in the East Coast voting for the Tories and happy to remain in the Union. 

Now, where Trident forced to leave the Clyde the numerous Oil Fields that could be opened as the result could turn Glasgow or indeed the West Coast into a second Aberdeen/East Coast in regards to prosperity. 

Is that why Mrs Kranky wants to scrap trident? I’d never for a minute thought of it like that! Interesting 

• Like 1