Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

The  conservative party fought their election in Scotland on Leave the EU and no Indref 2 .......i think losing 7 seats and their share  % of the votes, would send a clear message to the dimmest of west minister politicans that a mandate has been reached and its just a matter of when Indref2 will happen. If u dont like it you can always vote no on the ballot paper.

7 minutes ago, slasherscot said:

The  conservative party fought their election in Scotland on Leave the EU and no Indref 2 .......i think losing 7 seats and their share  % of the votes, would send a clear message to the dimmest of west minister politicans that a mandate has been reached and its just a matter of when Indref2 will happen. If u dont like it you can always vote no on the ballot paper.

I somewhat agree. But if its a NO again do you think the knuckle dragging goons that are the SNP will finally shut it? 

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

I somewhat agree. But if its a NO again do you think the knuckle dragging goons that are the SNP will finally shut it? 

Short answer...No

The Snps number one priority is independence,by any and all means.

They will still be banging in about it regardless of how many referendums they lose,not that id think the next referendum will be lost given the hatred of Boris and his cronnies up here in the north.

Baldbloke to answer your question posed to me some pages back id say pro indy/anti EU supporters in the Snp would be in a huge minority.

Most are massivley concerned about leaving the EU and are using this to curry votes from those less informed...

• Like 1

Short answer...No
The Snps number one priority is independence,by any and all means.
They will still be banging in about it regardless of how many referendums they lose,not that id think the next referendum will be lost given the hatred of Boris and his cronnies up here in the north.
Baldbloke to answer your question posed to me some pages back id say pro indy/anti EU supporters in the Snp would be in a huge minority.
Most are massivley concerned about leaving the EU and are using this to curry votes from those less informed...

I think it was pointed out that the majority of the SNP seats won was through a total of about 45% of the Scottish electorate. Their 45% of the vote gave them 80% of the available seats in Scotland.
It begs the question whether there’s other voters out there that support independence without being willing to vote for the SNP.
If not, it looks like 45% may struggle to attain a majority in a referendum, even if the Greens willingly jump in with them.
Also, with Scotland’s fiscal deficiency, would the EU allow it back in as a member? Also whether that hope would encourage adequate Scottish Europhiles (who might normally vote Labour/Green/ Lib Dem or Tory) to add to the vote for independence purely on the chance Scotland might be able to re-join, rather than doing so because of the core SNP reason of wanting independence?

• Like 1