Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

Its kind of a win/win for me right now. Obviously I cant have everything but right now a Scotland out of the EU but alsoa  firm determination for Independence is exhilarating. 

Scotland doesn’t have a firm determination for independence, unless I’m missing something?
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mull said:

I hear you Marcus! Can’t disagree.

There are of course some unable to fill that criteria through no fault of their own. Also there is a different type of taxpayer who is a civil servant, who may in many cases retire in their early fifties funded by “taxpayers”.

Many variables. As usual.

(i) I was mostly an uncivil LA supervisor, that is uncivil to the stupid or lazy, and sometimes not mutually exclusive fuckers busy bilking the system, regardless of their status within the organazation.

(ii) I understood that our Pension Scheme was self funded, other than the Employers contributions, and you are quite free to clarify any misunderstanding I may have, see link att.

https://www.nilgosc.org.uk/

Edited by difflock

13 hours ago, Mull said:

Scotland doesn’t have a firm determination for independence, unless I’m missing something?

No, I see your point. Maybe for just remaining in the EU? But in the SNP's mind its one and the same. Where we to get Indi#2 it would be pushed by the SNP not only for dependence but to get us back in the EU. Would that sing the vote in leaves favour? I think it would unfortunately. 

19 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

No, I see your point. Maybe for just remaining in the EU? But in the SNP's mind its one and the same. Where we to get Indi#2 it would be pushed by the SNP not only for dependence but to get us back in the EU. Would that sing the vote in leaves favour? I think it would unfortunately. 

It obviously does Andy I had the misfortune to watch that arrogant prick Hosie on sky this morning twisting numbers to claim 80% of the seats meant that they had a clear mandate for indyref 2 apparently the 4th time they have won said mandate. The often quoted once in a generation by Salmond was according to Hosie just a sound bite !!!. Also Scotland according to his views has balanced its books on every budget and any debt it has is because it’s part of the uk ???

The arrogance and edge on the guy was disgusting and it’s blatantly obvious they see the election result as a green light to do what they want regardless of the numbers ie less than half the electorate having voted SNP. I just wish they would get on with running the country and doing the job they are paid to do. 

Edited by Johnsond

On 29/11/2019 at 09:27, David Cropper said:

I've said it before, I honestly thing the average English person doesn't give a monkey's if Scotland goes on it's own. Can't speak for the Welsh as they have their own agenda on independence, don't even want to think about N.I,  but the general feeling in England would be, in my opinion, let em carry on and see how they manage. I understand why the Scots Nats think as they do, let's face it most Jocks have no love for the English because of the history of , as they see it, oppression of culture, language the Clearances et al. Before anyone rips into me, my wife is a Scot, although violently anti Independence,  and she has her anti English moments. She once told me that her Granny wouldn't allow her to watch Coronation St when it started as to quote Granny, " Those dirty English allow women in the pubs." Dirty English is often bandied about in moments of anger, without thinking. If Independence did happen would there be a need for a hard border, what currency would they have, plus all the other obstacles which would obviously cause concern. Would the Scottish Regiments have to leave the British Army, which would be a tragedy in my mind. The Jocks are always one of the first sent in, do more than their fair share to be sure. A mess in the making all round.

We would have the Scottish pound! Its obviously a different currency as it's not the first time Its been refused for use down south ???

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I had the misfortune to watch that arrogant prick Hosie on sky this morning twisting numbers to claim 80% of the seats meant that they had a clear mandate for indyref 2 apparently the 4th time they have won said mandate.

Yes, thats true. I made the mistake of just looking at all the yellow blobs on the map. :D 

Would an Indi#2 really be so bad?

On one hand were Scotland to vote to remain in the Union it would shut the SNP up for literally a generation this time. There is no other trick they could pull out of the hat.

On the other hand were Scotland to vote to leave the Union in light of Brexit then that would be what the majority want.

• Like 1

Just an example of the Anti English shit promoted by rabid SNP bullshit. Those were screen grabs of a face book chat my mrs had came across. Whilst I’m well aware of the propensity for keyboard warriors to go to town the level of bile directed at anyone whom dares disagree is pretty disgusting and quite frankly this is the SNP target audience. To be honest if this is the future direction of Scotland then maybe a move south is no bad thing. 

6F4B896B-326B-4EE6-BC00-B7495EADA407.jpeg

96B2B527-76E4-4933-92F5-868C1D987E6D.jpeg

CDA9AD5A-FBE1-4157-8B38-321E83C74CE8.jpeg

6A2E66FC-00B3-4EB2-8961-A57789FEA83D.jpeg

96D05D99-ED2A-4976-B4FF-6CDCB4B97EB3.jpeg

C84E6484-C6A9-4CD2-8A3F-F7B47A88B80A.jpeg

31287B37-FD59-462A-9AE4-16ECD757B056.jpeg

2CBF0F4B-02D3-42B7-B3A8-527430799E0E.jpeg

9B36D21A-BFFA-44C6-9258-3C7D26967928.jpeg

05695F71-E0D9-4A2B-BD94-CAB30DC84351.jpeg

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Just an example of the Anti English shit promoted by rabid SNP bullshit. Those were screen grabs of a face book chat my mrs had came across. Whilst I’m well aware of the propensity for keyboard warriors to go to town the level of bile directed at anyone whom dares disagree is pretty disgusting and quite frankly this is the SNP target audience. To be honest if this is the future direction of Scotland then maybe a move south is no bad thing. 

6F4B896B-326B-4EE6-BC00-B7495EADA407.jpeg

96B2B527-76E4-4933-92F5-868C1D987E6D.jpeg

CDA9AD5A-FBE1-4157-8B38-321E83C74CE8.jpeg

6A2E66FC-00B3-4EB2-8961-A57789FEA83D.jpeg

96D05D99-ED2A-4976-B4FF-6CDCB4B97EB3.jpeg

C84E6484-C6A9-4CD2-8A3F-F7B47A88B80A.jpeg

31287B37-FD59-462A-9AE4-16ECD757B056.jpeg

2CBF0F4B-02D3-42B7-B3A8-527430799E0E.jpeg

9B36D21A-BFFA-44C6-9258-3C7D26967928.jpeg

05695F71-E0D9-4A2B-BD94-CAB30DC84351.jpeg

The fist one was quite funny. I thought it was more a reflection of the Tories than the English but the other comments make for quite some depressing reading. :(  Im surprised @Mull was not joining in as well. ;) I hope your wife reported them? A few weeks ban might quieten them down a bit, considering they most likely dont have a job they'd have nothing else to do. :D 

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yes, thats true. I made the mistake of just looking at all the yellow blobs on the map. :D 

Would an Indi#2 really be so bad?

On one hand were Scotland to vote to remain in the Union it would shut the SNP up for literally a generation this time. There is no other trick they could pull out of the hat.

On the other hand were Scotland to vote to leave the Union in light of Brexit then that would be what the majority want.

Afraid  it won’t shut them up Andy. Sturgeon and the likes won’t ever stop. What happens next I wonder !!! Are we gonna be in the realms of the English one as Mull describes me being on the receiving end of this state sponsored/ promoted  bile. You’ve met me Andy I’m not bothered about myself and I’m more than happy to meet anyone of those illiterate bastards face to face but I also have two young kids up here in the shire as one of those SNP supporters calls it. I don’t have a shooting estate or a big house on England neither as you know, I spend months away doing 100hr weeks to support my family and pay my bills. Do I have to wait for the day the kids come home saying they are getting stick because I’m from Northumberland???. SNP and sturgeon would be well advised to tone down the rhetoric and concentrate on the day job 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Afraid  it won’t shut them up Andy. Sturgeon and the likes won’t ever stop.

Im afraid you may be right. :( 

38 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Are we gonna be in the realms of the English one as Mull describes me being on the receiving end of this state sponsored/ promoted  bile.

Its quite worrying when you put it like that. 

42 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

but I also have two young kids up here in the shire as one of those SNP supporters calls it.

Id like to say just ignore it but when kids are involved its just not possible. Hopefully its all post election hot air and chest puffing.