Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

Just now, htb said:

Deff duck from the flack incoming from the wee krankie's supporters.

Well thats disappointing. :D Thought it was away to get interesting there.. :D 

Its interesting to see how far and few between the SNP have support here. Its almost as if the working man do not identify with them. ;)

6 minutes ago, difflock said:

Oh Ere! Ah jist remembered us lot are Ulster Scots, does that mean we get to vote?

Please explain for a complete novice like me. 

Are you descended from Scottish stock?

If so did these Scottish families consider themselves Unionists?

I know some Lowlanders did.

Where your ancestors gifted lands in NI?

I have zero knowledge of NI but would like to learn more.

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Was there not an old saw "no taxation without representation", by some political lot in days o yore.

I put it to you Mull, that us contributing taxpayers should now be gludering from the rooftops "no representation without taxation".

I.e. "he who pays the piper, calls the tune"

jat.

mth

Yes! "no taxation without representation", I'm, with you on this. Why are the providers denied a voice? 

They can get it up them! [emoji14]

The big blobs on the map are immaterial for a referendum vote, as it’s a single issue we’d be deciding upon.

With Brexit done and dusted those that want independence don’t presently hold the numbers for a majority. Every present SNP vote from two days ago doesn’t actually add up to 50% of the total electorate. Anyone who wants Independence would have voted for the SNP in such an important election. With that reasoning, the rest that voted for other parties must consider the SNP toxic, and don’t want independence. I can’t see any real numbers of independence supporters voting for other parties....except you of course! Those SNP votes adequately put MPs in place but don’t equate to a majority on a single issue point in a referendum.

The Poison Dwarf will be presently be considering her options for new criteria for increasing the numbers of half wits, dossers and anyone else she considers able enough to put a cross in her desired box.

BJ will need his five years of tenure to prove Brexit as a positive (or potential positive) and that It shows that Scotland would be foolish not tagging along with England, N. Ireland and Wales. Then the SNP and its efforts will hopefully be put firmly back to the nonentity it was 40 years ago. That is why BJ cannot afford to let Sturgeon have another referendum until the benefits of Brexit are more apparent.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The big blobs on the map are immaterial for a referendum vote, as it’s a single issue we’d be deciding upon.

With Brexit done and dusted those that want independence don’t presently hold the numbers for a majority. Every present SNP vote from two days ago doesn’t actually add up to 50% of the total electorate. Anyone who wants Independence would have voted for the SNP in such an important election. With that reasoning, the rest that voted for other parties must consider the SNP toxic, and don’t want independence. I can’t see any real numbers of independence supporters voting for other parties....except you of course! Those SNP votes adequately put MPs in place but don’t equate to a majority on a single issue point in a referendum.

The Poison Dwarf will be presently be considering her options for new criteria for increasing the numbers of half wits, dossers and anyone else she considers able enough to put a cross in her desired box.

BJ will need his five years of tenure to prove Brexit as a positive (or potential positive) and that It shows that Scotland would be foolish not tagging along with England, N. Ireland and Wales. Then the SNP and its efforts will hopefully be put firmly back to the nonentity it was 40 years ago. That is why BJ cannot afford to let Sturgeon have another referendum until the benefits of Brexit are more apparent.

The snp got 45% of the vote, which is obviously nowhere near enough to suggest a majority in an independence referendum.
I think that’s what you’re saying in your 3 paragraphs?

I quite like Boris for what it’s worth, I think he might turn things round and make a great job of it, on the other hand he might fuck himself up spectacularly.
  • Like 3

Was there not an old saw "no taxation without representation", by some political lot in days o yore.
I put it to you Mull, that us contributing taxpayers should now be gludering from the rooftops "no representation without taxation".
I.e. "he who pays the piper, calls the tune"
jat.
mth

I hear you Marcus! Can’t disagree.

There are of course some unable to fill that criteria through no fault of their own. Also there is a different type of taxpayer who is a civil servant, who may in many cases retire in their early fifties funded by “taxpayers”.

Many variables. As usual.

1 hour ago, Mull said:

The snp got 45% of the vote, which is obviously nowhere near enough to suggest a majority in an independence referendum.
I think that’s what you’re saying in your 3 paragraphs?

I quite like Boris for what it’s worth, I think he might turn things round and make a great job of it, on the other hand he might fuck himself up spectacularly.

Well Mull I find myself agreeing with you. ?

• Like 1