Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

9 hours ago, Mull said:

Also, does contributing tax and working for a living make you a political economic expert?

Until these 16 years olds have half their pocket money/allowance taken off of them and given to someone else then yes, compared to them I am a tax and political expert. 

Until they've been shafted with the full length and girth of the SNP they are living in foreplay bliss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mull said:

IMG_3002.jpg

You seem stuck in a logic loop of idiocy.  :D  No I'm not ragin'. We're getting Brexit done. Scotland is getting dragged out of the EU if it likes it or not. Its just bliss just now. :D

You must also be in a jolly mood knowing that right? Scotland free of the EU? Its all cream from now on.

• Like 2

You seem stuck in a logic loop of idiocy.  [emoji3]  No I'm not ragin'. We're getting Brexit done. Scotland is getting dragged out of the EU if it likes it or not. Its just bliss just now. [emoji3]

You must also be in a jolly mood knowing that right? Scotland free of the EU? Its all cream from now on.

Had to use that meme somewhere[emoji846]

Yeah, I’m quite happy, not much to moan about really.

“Its all cream from now on”
[emoji38]love your turn of phrase, not to mention your optimism.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mull said:

Had to use that meme somewhereemoji846.png

Fair enough. :D  Just reading taht in her voice was like drawing my fingernails down a blackboard. :D My Heckles came right up. :P

Just now, Mull said:

Yeah, I’m quite happy, not much to moan about really.

We're Scottish, we'll find a way. 

Just now, Mull said:

“Its all cream from now on”
emoji38.pnglove your turn of phrase, not to mention your optimism.

Its kind of a win/win for me right now. Obviously I cant have everything but right now a Scotland out of the EU but alsoa  firm determination for Independence is exhilarating. 

Nope, I'm less bothered than I thought I would be actually. With such a clear mandate from the Scottish people it means we seem to have a single voice. One of the biggest issues with Brexit was how fractured the population was/is atleast that was how the MP's tried to play it. In reality I think the Remoaner MP's just messed it up for the whole of the UK. Now we have such a huge majority in the Tory Party and all the Traitors have been kicked out we'll get Brexit done.

Now that Scotland seem to be almost entirely SNP and the Tories hanging on in where people actually generate the money in Scotland. [emoji6] There seems to be a strong indication of a single will. Thats to either get an Independence vote, remain/re-join the EU or both. As with Brexit I fully support the will of the majority, even if it goes against my own personal wishes. I really cannot see how a whole country can now be held to ransom? Indi#1 was meant to be a once in a generation vote. But with Brexit I guess we have to reconsider. At least Indi#2 would either put Independence to bed for a long time or the people in Scotland genuinely want Independence this time and why should that not be honoured? 

Who should vote in a Scottish Indi referendum? 

1, My personal opinion (and this will piss a few off [emoji14] ) should be those born in Scotland. 

2, But in reality it should at the very least be British Passport Holders.

3, Absolutely no EU members!

The issue with having EU members vote is a two edged sword for the SNP. On one hand the EU citizens will of course vote to remain in the EU, but will they vote for an Independent Scotland away from the UK? Im not so sure? Having other British Passport Holders who either live or keep a holiday home in Scotland will also dilute the leave vote as of course the majority do not wish to see an independent Scotland. 

Scotland does have an vast majority to ensure the seats gained, but it’s still only 43/45% of the electorate.

It would be fair to say that anyone who would want independence would have voted for the SNP in the GE of 2 days ago. But, some of that total of 45% could have voted tactically for the SNP purely because of Brexit.

That implies there’s only a vociferous minority wish in Scotland for independence. The figures just don’t stack up.

If and when we leave the EU and that part of the equation is removed from a future referendum, and it’s based purely on breaking up the Union it looks like we may remain within the Union.

On voting I’d recommend only Scottish born taxpayers and Council tax payers being allowed. Then only those that put something in got to decide how their taxes were best utilised.

Here we go[emoji3]

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Scotland does have an vast majority to ensure the seats gained, but it’s still only 43/45% of the electorate.

Hmmm, true. Never thought if that. Stupidly I just looked at the big blobs of yellow in the map. :D 

49 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

It would be fair to say that anyone who would want independence would have voted for the SNP in the GE of 2 days ago. But, some of that total of 45% could have voted tactically for the SNP purely because of Brexit.

Very true!

50 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

That implies there’s only a vociferous minority wish in Scotland for independence. The figures just don’t stack up.

Makes sense!

52 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

If and when we leave the EU and that part of the equation is removed from a future referendum, and it’s based purely on breaking up the Union it looks like we may remain within the Union.

If and when the UK leaves the Union? Surely thats a foregone conclusion now? The EU members seem to think so anyway. 

The SNP wont care though, they'll sell our soul to rejoin. Regardless of the cost.

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

On voting I’d recommend only Scottish born taxpayers and Council tax payers being allowed. Then only those that put something in got to decide how their taxes were best utilised.

Can you imagine that? What a dream! No taxation without representation! But I do see the down side. 

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

Here we goemoji3.png

They can get it up them! :P

20 hours ago, Mull said:

Also, does contributing tax and working for a living make you a political economic expert?

Was there not an old saw "no taxation without representation", by some political lot in days o yore.

I put it to you Mull, that us contributing taxpayers should now be gludering from the rooftops "no representation without taxation".

I.e. "he who pays the piper, calls the tune"

jat.

mth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1