Should a referendum on Scottish independence only include people living in Scotland?

Baldbloke

If Corbyn becomes PM I'll move to Scotland and help push the vote for independence. Seriously. Even the poison dwarf won't be as bad as Grandpa Stalin and his virulent strain of jew hate and economic destruction.

Edited by Gimlet

If Corbyn becomes PM I'll move to Scotland and help push the vote for independence. Seriously. Even the poison dwarf won't be as bad as Grandpa Stalin and his virulent strain of jew hate and economic destruction.

I’m not sure that Sturgeon is a better prospect than Corbyn frankly. There’s a sense of over self worth and of a dictator about her.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

I’m not sure that Sturgeon is a better prospect than Corbyn frankly. There’s a sense of over self worth and of a dictator about her.

You're probably right, but I think she will be easier to get rid.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

SICK BOY: Now what? TOMMY: We go for a walk. SPUD: What? TOMMY: A walk! SPUD: But where? TOMMY: There! [pointing at mountain] SICK BOY: Are you serious? [The...
WWW.GOOGLE.COM
SICK BOY: Now what? TOMMY: We go for a walk. SPUD: What? TOMMY: A walk! SPUD: But where? TOMMY: There! [pointing at mountain] SICK BOY: Are you serious? [The... WWW.GOOGLE.COM
SICK BOY: Now what? TOMMY: We go for a walk. SPUD: What? TOMMY: A walk! SPUD: But where? TOMMY: There! [pointing at mountain] SICK BOY: Are you serious? [The... WWW.GOOGLE.COM
SICK BOY: Now what? TOMMY: We go for a walk. SPUD: What? TOMMY: A walk! SPUD: But where? TOMMY:...  

I was only coming on this thread to congratulate whoever posted this incisive piece of social commentary. It shows up on the new posts page with the thread title. Yet more fine work. I should have known the author.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I never saw the film but the walk out of Corrour past the grey corries and  down Glen Nevis and Steall was on my agenda till my walking companion fell ill.

Me if I were more than half Scottish and lived there I would want out of both and expect a lower income as a result.

You missed out. I did that twenty years ago, camping at Kinloch Rannoch and taking the train from Rannoch Station. 

My lad was only seven or eight and his question, after watching the train disappear into the distance,  was pretty much the same as the film :lol:

You missed out. I did that twenty years ago, camping at Kinloch Rannoch and taking the train from Rannoch Station. 

My lad was only seven or eight and his question, after watching the train disappear into the distance,  was pretty much the same as the film :lol:

Try spending a few years at Rannoch school in the early seventies. [emoji3]
  • Haha 3

I lived in Braemar from the ages of 2-4 then 4-7 in Crathie close to  Balmoral Castle. Me and my mate where the only ones in our year but the class room was made up of primary 1-3. 4-7 was in the other class room and was a very scarey place. :D 

Once a year a Footman would pop over to the School from the Castle with a nicely embossed envelope with our name on it and a brand new pound coin from the Queen was inside. That was ripped right open and spent at the tuck shop. Happy memories of that neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

I fancy her.

I can imagine us living in a crofters cottage in Auchtermuchty, wind howling round, holding her tight in my arms, the highland cattle lowing gently in the background, watching as we rut like sex starved red deer on a bed made of parsnips

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I fancy her.

I can imagine us living in a crofters cottage in Auchtermuchty, wind howling round, holding her tight in my arms, the highland cattle lowing gently in the background, watching as we rut like sex starved red deer on a bed made of parsnips

Sweet suffering Christ!  Get a bleeding grip Dempsey! You're an Englishman, don't interfere with the natives, the tribes don't like it!

• Haha 2