Best winch (for Avant 760?)

cjdg

Yes, but winch at the other end.

I Need to look properly ! Looks a good idea , they could definitely do with more weight on the rear any way.
I was thinking about putting a pto hydraulic driven pump to drive our small pto igland given that it takes less than a minute to change an avant- attachment , would be faster for log extracting than a standard hydraulic winch.

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

I Need to look properly ! Looks a good idea , they could definitely do with more weight on the rear any way.
I was thinking about putting a pto hydraulic driven pump to drive our small pto igland given that it takes less than a minute to change an avant- attachment , would be faster for log extracting than a standard hydraulic winch.

11 hours ago, cjdg said:

Anyone out there within fighting range of OXFORD who knows of any competent person or firm that could set me up with, ideally, a second hand winch with all the hydraulics installed as it is clear to me that I (to put it politely) need guidance and at my time of life I would rather pay to get it done right.  

Chris

Chris

I'm in the same boat (avant 528) and am near Oxford. I want to get a winch sorted as well-maybe cheaper to get 2 made? If I get anywhere I'll let you know

Think carefully the avant headstock is designed to push and lift not to pull there is very little metal holding the attachment to the headstock 

Aye I was thinking if it was used you would have to push in the butt plate of the winch with the loader ... little igland is tiny , probably a smaller rating than the actual avant attachment but it’s good for extracting as it’s fast.