Calorific Values

Alycidon

5 hours ago, Alycidon said:

There was a link posted to an FC website a few years ago but the FC page no longer exists,  hence my mail.

A

You mean the 'Wood as Fuel: Technical Supplement for Fuel Suppliers'? Should come up through Google

Alternatively there are some free copies of the 'UN FAO: Wood fuels Handbook' online which should help.

• 4 years later...

@Alycidon I have only recently got oak logs for firewood. So little knowledge there. 

But for years I have been burning hornbeam and wood briquettes. I can confirm both heat up almost as fast the ceramic tile stove. But hornbeam lasts longer inside the stove. The wood briquettes have a label saying they have around 15% humidity and 5 kwh per kg. They are made using a mix of beech and oak wood dust from wood manufacturing factories. 

Hornbeam or oak firewood with a humidity percentage of at most 15% in them(so at least 1-2 years of drying time) will most likely have about 4 to 5 kwh of energy in them per kg. As usual,it's all about the humidity percentage at the moment of burning. The drier the wood the better.

But I will be honest ,there's nothing like diesel or gasoline when it comes to energy content+ burning 😎 

Maybe only anthracite, but here in Romania it's impossible to find.

P.s. I love my CCCP Shmel 2 gasoline stove 😎  lots of heat from barely 700ml of gasoline(a full tank)IMG_20231107_173024516.thumb.jpg.ae624571a27c28405dc612dbe61c9a0a.jpg

Edited by Gabriel82