SRT Ascenders in Conjunction With Spikes

Treespasser

Hi all,

Sorry for all the SRT spam ?

I'm trying to get into SRT after years of climbing on DRT. I've been looking at the gear including a foot ascender and knee ascender to "rope walk".

A thought crossed my mind, how would you use the foot and knee ascender in conjunction with spikes?! I wear Geckos so there's a large area of the inside leg covered by the pads.

I'm planning to buy the Systeme 3A knee ascender for it's capabilities to stay attached to the lower leg... but again spikes wouldn't allow for you to wear the ascender.

What do you experienced SRT guys do in this case, when you have a medium/large dismantle to do?

i just put on my pantin fooot asscender as normal then put on the spike and push the shank  back so that it is half under the foot assc, it puts it out at a bit of an angle but it still works fine.

for frog walking i use a homemade knee ass that clips to a foot loop , the loop stays on the boot and dosent interfere with the spikes, i will often wear this set up on dismantles.

there is tons of good vids on youtube about SRT, but a lot of them seem to make the set ups really complicated and gear intensive, iam sure they are good and have there place but imo they arnt essential by any means, id say my srt set up is nearly as simple as my drt set up just a bit more gear to get straped on at the start.