Forestry work

Jack.P

Just now, Stubby said:

See , hand cutters are paid for what they know , which transposes into what they do ......

I was being facetious. :D  Im paid regardless if I sleep all shift or work. Im out here till the job is done and there is multiple companies working on the same Well then we have to wait till the other company has does whatever current operation they have, can be hours, or days. I'll not have much to do for the next three nights now other than catching up with paperwork, and sleeping on the Sofa. :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Fair enough. :) I respect your point of view. Seems a crazy way to make money but if the guys enjoy it then fair enough.

But is that not exactly how most subbies or 2 and 1 brickie squads  in building trade get paid? Either by amount of bricks they lay or meter sq, or pipe layers meterage of pipe laid.

Really not that unusual in most walks of life.

Like others have said rewards the hard workers as long as standards/quality not cut

I take it u work on the railways Andy? ( Talking about orange hi viz and sitting in a van on a Sunday night getting paid)  have u never had a job and knock night shift?? Essentially piece work paid to complete a job and go home. Occasionally had them on big sites, althou often the coss/main subbies man would bottle it when we knocked it out in double quick time and made us work on.

I know when I worked on railways on bosses priced jobs we occasionally got jobs with a bonus if we completed it under the man days boss had quoted

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I was being facetious. :D  Im paid regardless if I sleep all shift or work. Im out here till the job is done and there is multiple companies working on the same Well then we have to wait till the other company has does whatever current operation they have, can be hours, or days. I'll not have much to do for the next three nights now other than catching up with paperwork, and sleeping on the Sofa. :D 

You could bash your bishop for abit , just to relieve the boredom ! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

But is that not exactly how most subbies or 2 and 1 brickie squads  in building trade get paid? Either by amount of bricks they lay or meter sq, or pipe layers meterage of pipe laid.

Really not that unusual in most walks of life.

Like others have said rewards the hard workers as long as standards/quality not cut

I take it u work on the railways Andy? ( Talking about orange hi viz and sitting in a van on a Sunday night getting paid)  have u never had a job and knock night shift?? Essentially piece work paid to complete a job and go home. Occasionally had them on big sites, althou often the coss/main subbies man would bottle it when we knocked it out in double quick time and made us work on.

I know when I worked on railways on bosses priced jobs we occasionally got jobs with a bonus if we completed it under the man days boss had quoted

Oil rig . Long swim for job and knock ?

• Haha 1