An Idiot's guide to Ancient Woodland management

2 hours ago, michael_cullum said:

Just read from start to finish, awesome thread, looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks Michael,

10 out of 10 for staying power, and glad you enjoyed it.

There will be more updates. I have been taking a lot more photos but managed to lose my phone today which will set my posting back a bit.

If you could all keep your eyes peeled it would be very much appreciated.

• Like 1

It's not in

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

Thanks Michael,

There will be more updates. I have been taking a lot more photos but managed to lose my phone today which will set my posting back a bit.

It doesn't appear to be within the curtilage of The Northumberland Hussar. They're looking out for it though.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Thanks Michael,

Argh bummer, hope you got yourself set up with some kind of cloud photo backup first! If it's bounced over the border into Norfolkshire I'm sure we'll find it...

• Thanks 1

Miraculously I did find my phone on the forest floor. I can only put this down to Divine intervention.

Unfortunately The Almighty didn't see fit to also protect it from the snow and the rain. Totally kaputzen.

I've lost the photos I have taken recently but will endeavour to take some more and post some updates soon.

If anyone fancies another round of 'name that mushroom' (with mind blowing prizes) I can certainly oblige?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Totally kaputzen.

I've lost the photos I have taken recently but will endeavour to take some more and post some updates soon.

I doubt drowning it will make it totally damaged and even if the photos/videos were on the internal memory they will may be recovered.

First take the battery out and then leave the phone alone and in a warm dry place for a couple of weeks.

If it won't boot up then you may need to swap the motherboard into another phone of the same type.

Last autumn I had my phone on my lap driving down a farm track and a van was reversing out. I stopped and got out, dropping the phone, arranged for him to go forward to a turning point and leapt back in to my car and promptly drove over my phone. Screen smashed and chassis bent beyond repair.

I bought a used phone and swapped the motherboard to retrieve my info and videos. I couldn't get it to make calls again.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice everyone. 

I had no memory card in the phone. It's not that many pictures so I'm not terribly bothered.

I will dry the phone out for a few days and try it again.

In the meantime here's 5 more fungal fruiting bodies photographed in the Wood. 3 Toffee Crisps and a packet of gobstoppers to the first person who gets 3 out of 5.

1460459840_fungi8.thumb.JPG.063c34377448519dd545b27f75fe7ba2.JPG

2001899143_fungi7.thumb.JPG.a40079b582636b1c91eb0fc1d07d2ba4.JPG

1018511025_fungi10.thumb.JPG.8f8e050587d1c91773da04a713fee08e.JPG

557032828_fungi6.thumb.JPG.93d2e3979d755f061287bacaa3deb54e.JPG

291420603_fungi9.thumb.JPG.391a8541d2f515a34b18cd3a2458f99c.JPG

• Like 4