No. 1 insurance company NOT to be insured with.

difflock

Hastings Direct.

I was in the car with wor daughter driving, yesterday evening when she got rear ended by a bloke in aVW Passat, who drove away, on the M1 in Dublin.

Lydia got his Reg, which married up with her description of the make and colour, and I nabbed the Reg colour  and description of the next car behind as a witness, so she duly reported to the Gardai, no mysteries, then this afternoon she phoned her insurer, Hasting Direct.

Lord God!

1 Hr and 15 minutes on the phone to an Indian call centre.

No legal cover

No courtsy car

etc

etc

And £350 excess for a just sub £1,000.00 repair.

An expensive lesson in cheap insurance learned for wor daughter!

Hastings Direct.
I was in the car with wor daughter driving, yesterday evening when she got rear ended by a bloke in aVW Passat, who drove away, on the M1 in Dublin.
Lydia got his Reg, which married up with her description of the make and colour, and I nabbed the Reg colour  and description of the next car behind as a witness, so she duly reported to the Gardai, no mysteries, then this afternoon she phoned her insurer, Hasting Direct.
Lord God!
1 Hr and 15 minutes on the phone to an Indian call centre.
No legal cover
No courtsy car
etc
etc
And £350 excess for a just sub £1,000.00 repair.

An expensive lesson in cheap insurance learned for wor daughter!

Nah, NFU, 2 years to pay out a £900 commercial claim (£400 after excess). I used to run a cleaning company in another life and one of our girls spilled some very strong oven cleaner on an oiled oak worktop which ate the wood alive. Photos to prove it, client vouched for it, got quotes for the work from 2 joiners, ended up taking so long to get it authorised that I just went ahead and had a guy replace it at my own expense and hoped to recoup the money down the line. Two years later after I’d long given up hope and changed insurance companies I call them on the off chance and they say “oh yeah, we signed off on the money, we just didn’t call to let you know, would you like us to send it to you?” Me...”of course I £&@@ing would!”
  • Sad 1