Log Carrier Bag

Billhook

I've just built quite a large log store in between the chimney breast and wall which will take a few trips to refill and as much as I like the trolley idea when I take the mud / wheels into account that probably knocks it on the head.

The link I provided earlier to Homebase log bag I really like and you can get a lot of logs in especially as my cut size they go in width ways .... I've found literally the last few logs though is where it very quickly goes from easily manageable with one hand to weighing an awful lot and straining, I think I may just get a 2nd one and not load them up so much so I'm then moving a reasonable amount in one trip.

Sad part of it is as the crow flies the indoor log area is literally only a few feet from the outdoor log store but unfortunately there's a wall in the way and it's a long walk round to get to it.

Edited by Witterings

On 27/11/2019 at 06:01, Witterings said:

That's a great idea for all the reason's you've mentioned ... only downside I can see is if the wheels get wet / muddy outside I have to go across a white carpet to get to the stove but could carry it the last bit.

Where did you get it from or is that a daft question and I should be loitering outside my local Nisa waiting to pounce if someone leaves one outside ? ... that said the amount of beer money I've spent in there over the years I'm sure I've earnt one from loyalty points ?

Mine was originally from a local supermarket I aquired ?, however can be purchased easily online for about £20.  The things I also like, I can load with 2 hands, not 1 like holding a bag open.  It doesnt get a wet/mucky underside when loading.  Its ventilated. I wheel it most of the way through doors then carry it using handle last few yards.  It holds just right amount for 2 evenings use.   

7 hours ago, AndyChalmers said:

Mine was originally from a local supermarket I aquired ?, however can be purchased easily online for about £20.  The things I also like, I can load with 2 hands, not 1 like holding a bag open.  It doesnt get a wet/mucky underside when loading.  Its ventilated. I wheel it most of the way through doors then carry it using handle last few yards.  It holds just right amount for 2 evenings use.   

Everyone has slightly different problems to overcome.

In my case the one ton box is just outside the door and covered with a tarp held in place by elastic rope.

When I take off the tarp the wood is dry and clean and ~I just lay the bag on top and it is an easy fill.  But for me the main advantage is that I am lifting the bag from waist height for most of the box so there is little strain on my back.

If I had a basket or trolley it would take longer to fill and there would be more bending.