Any Second Hand SRT Gear for Sale in UK?

Treespasser

On 21/11/2019 at 16:45, Treespasser said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if any one is, or knows anyone selling a usable second hand SRT climbing kit (minus harness) here in the UK (Midlands)?

I guess I want to try SRT out but don't want to spend an arm and a leg on new gear if I don't get on with it.

Many thanks,

Jack

This Ad is up in gumtree Aberdeenshire 

4E8F5EB9-80CB-4B75-8363-6BC526703233.png

• 2 years later...

Stop being cheap ! Stationary rope work positioning is a manditory tool in the modern climbers toolbox ! You need a throwline with x2 throw bags ( get one end stuck, use the other end + bag ) , foot ascender, a knee ascender , an appropriate rope, a hitchclimber set up, and a tape sling (loop of paracord, hitchcord, thick string, any bloody thing to keep your system closer in ascent ! ).

Even if you don't like moving around the tree with it, you will discover it is invaluable for just getting in to the tree  I promise.

I added Stationary in March, I haven't looked back !

BTW..  if your working moving rope, and not yet on hitchclimbers, then maybe consider that as your next progression. Then you can build up kit slowly. I was happy on moving rope and hitchclimbers for ages, its a brilliant system. But its better in combination with srwp. I went nuts, and bought loads of kit that I didn't need. I also made some kit that helped a lot. Home made knee ascender, various homemade chest harness/neck tethers, tied hitchcords, ect..

You need to know hitches. I was content with a vt and a distel on my hitchclimber. Now I have like ten hitches depending on how my rope is moving that day.

• Like 1