Blackdown Environmental in receivership

roseyweb

Blackdown Environmental has gone under if anyone here is owed monies by them, quite a big outfit as I understand. 

Fortunately I don't do any work for them but one of there staff owes me a few quid which is how i found out when making enquiries at there parent companies office. 

1 hour ago, roseyweb said:

Blackdown Environmental has gone under if anyone here is owed monies by them, quite a big outfit as I understand. 

Fortunately I don't do any work for them but one of there staff owes me a few quid which is how i found out when making enquiries at there parent companies office. 

Interesting. 

Gap in the market there now then. I haven't worked with them, but have spoken to them a few times.

2 hours ago, TreeTrojan said:

Where is this company based and what sort of work do they do? 

Are they affiliated to any other companies by a similar name? Might be working for a company soon that sounds very similar. Don't want to join a sinking ship!!

i suspect you're referring to Blackdown Tree care  (good look with that!) who are a different company to Blackdown Environmental who are based  close to Honiton, Devon.  

Edited by wicklamulla
  • Like 1

I am owed monies. I am not sure what the situation is but it is correct that it was part of NBC and i have had an email saying that if your owed money you will recieve a message from creditors. I take it i should kiss good bye to the money owed as i am sure i will be at the bottom of the list as it is only a days call outs for a team. All employees of blackdown that i know had left not too long a go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markieg31 said:

I am owed monies. I am not sure what the situation is but it is correct that it was part of NBC and i have had an email saying that if your owed money you will recieve a message from creditors. I take it i should kiss good bye to the money owed as i am sure i will be at the bottom of the list as it is only a days call outs for a team. All employees of blackdown that i know had left not too long a go.

About 7-8 years ago I was bumped on Xmas eve for just under 10 grand  a good portion of which I had laid out in expenses etc. About 6 of us got the news on the ferry back from Dublin to Holyhead, not wanting to be   pessimistic but  very few got anything back that they were owed and those that did it was only a fraction of the total bill. We all received a breakdown of the debts and costs incurred, if I remember rightly the fees the solicitor in charge of the whole debacle were astronomical. The final kick in the balls was the guy running the company was back up and running weeks later in exactly the  same guise. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TreeTrojan said:

Where is this company based and what sort of work do they do? 

Are they affiliated to any other companies by a similar name? Might be working for a company soon that sounds very similar. Don't want to join a sinking ship!!

Different shop they also have a office in kenilworth