Asking for a partial refund too much?

Benarb

Hi! 

Recently (7 weeks ago) ordered a climbing kit from a arb supplier. Paid straight away as expected and told item was in stock. It has now taken 6 or 7 seperate deliveries to get all components of the kit and still missing 1. I've also had to ring after each an every delivery to point out what is missing and then it still being delivered wrong after pointing out the component by name and by photo on there site 

I wouldn't have minded if it was a week or 2 late but it is beyond a joke now. Also been told i would be contacted by the manager several times and that hasn't happened either. Getting to the point where I'm embarrassed to ring up and rectify the issue.

Any opinions? A Known dealer with a '5 star' google review... 

• Sad 1

I would understand if the kit was out of stock but being told it was in stock (a possible sales ploy to stop you going elsewhere) they have dropped a bollock underestimating the lead times on the parts. 

I would point out what you were told, what your reasonable expectation was, what it has ended up being and ask them how they are going to appease this issue. 

If you are a long standing customer etc then use this as leverage. I don't like sales crap and can sniff it out after a 13 year stint in that profession.

Nothing beats good communication and a realistic approach! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quillhallarb said:

Hi! 

. Getting to the point where I'm embarrassed to ring up and rectify the issue

Any opinions? A Known dealer with a '5 star' google review... 

Make a complaint, I always judge a supplier by the way they deal with issues and react to complaints. Its possible they have had problems but if they make amends you cant really ask for more.

Bob

11 hours ago, Khriss said:

You mean like a Northern Arb supplier possibly..... K

Not the only person to have had issues then, saying that i met someone on a refresher course that has had similar issues to myself! 

9 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Make a complaint, I always judge a supplier by the way they deal with issues and react to complaints. Its possible they have had problems but if they make amends you cant really ask for more.

Bob

They way they've dealt with it currently is shite so judgement cant really go up from here now!

12 hours ago, jfc said:

Find out the email of the manager and email direct with your complaint, and ask that some refund could be made to make up for the inconvenience.

They have selective hearing with emails and only reply when they want to. They'll avoid sending tracking numbers even though the parcel has 'definitely' been sent days prior, then turns up with 24hour post ?

I'll carry on getting in touch and see what happens, still waiting for 1 more item to complete the order..

I am interested that nobody has actually directly named the company, nearest was Khriss's allusion to "a northern supplier" or words to that effect.

If what is being quoted in this thread is accurate I cannot see any reason for any comeback from naming the supplier.

I have twice now had a similar experience from a southern supplier, and would have quoted their name if I was starting a thread - or is there a reason I should not?  First time was for new spikes, paid in full as website did not say out of stock, took > 3 months and I had to upgrade to get similar without waiting longer. This time I am having to wait 2 months for a climbing rope, fully paid for, and then told out of stock and problem with supply.

11 minutes ago, maybelateron said:

I am interested that nobody has actually directly named the company, nearest was Khriss's allusion to "a northern supplier" or words to that effect.

If what is being quoted in this thread is accurate I cannot see any reason for any comeback from naming the supplier.

I have twice now had a similar experience from a southern supplier, and would have quoted their name if I was starting a thread - or is there a reason I should not?  First time was for new spikes, paid in full as website did not say out of stock, took > 3 months and I had to upgrade to get similar without waiting longer. This time I am having to wait 2 months for a climbing rope, fully paid for, and then told out of stock and problem with supply.

It is northern arb supplies and i didn't want to name them straight away as i wondered if anyone else would suggest it was them first, backing up my views on there customer service.

There can't be a come back from naming the supplier, i just didn't want to name shame straight away, but they've had more than enough chances to rectify the issue now so im not really fussed.

Companys claiming to have stock they dont have seems pretty rife in this industry as this isnt the first time I've had the issue, but nothing has gone on this long!