Which Budget 1/2" Impact Gun - Cordless?

PeteB

14 minutes ago, doobin said:

You run a 3/4 step down too? Best of both worlds 

Not very often it’s used as a 3/4 tbh.

Apparently it’s exactly the same internally as the 1/2 inch driver anyway. I only went for 3/4 inch as I’ve got a big Bahco socket set that is essentially a full-body workout to use for anything - at least now I’ve got this I’m more likely to open that particular box to find a suitable tool when necessary!

Yes Screwfix are nearly always dearer for branded tools than Ebay or Amazon

You need 1000Nm because fasteners are often corroded or overtightened requiring a nut busting torque way higher than book torque.

I suggest this - cheaper than the blue RR and done my Transit hub nuts ~450Nm. The world turns, or if you're bit dopey like me sometimes and forget to check the direction before pulling the trigger - the bolt head shears off.

2072487647_Screenshot-2019-11-17DeWALTDCF899P1DCF899N18vXRCordlessImpactWrench1x5AhBattNEWeBay.thumb.png.b1287d329a8125d41b3e0e098500fe08.png

@doobin @Rough Hewn

I tried the different tools today with 6inch screws into Oak posts and I'll admit I was surprised.

All Milwaukee fuel (brushless) M18 Gen 2 except the impact driver which is a standard older one:

Drill on screw setting: Failed

Impact driver: spun out half way at 28seconds

Impact wrench: 10 seconds

Drill on drill setting: 5 seconds and took my wrist with it...

I stand corrected ?

I'll probably stick to the impact wrench because it was the only way to get them back out and can be used one handed but, as said, the drill with a side handle is quite a bit faster.

DSC_5999.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

D48A149E-ABFC-4CBE-9B0F-121ABAA64270.thumb.jpeg.0d4fd4faa2e3f16e5ec708ed6fcf67d4.jpeg

If they love you very much then they’ll get you one of these - pull the trigger and the world turns until the nut comes loose!!! 

The specs is pretty impressive, a tad more 'budget' than I was expecting and a bit more than just DIY, but, I'll do my best to justify it when she finds it! Perhaps list it as part of the sons inheritance!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1