Which Budget 1/2" Impact Gun - Cordless?

PeteB

10 hours ago, Big J said:

I was in a bind needing an impact wrench the other day and picked up the only one that was in stock in Tiverton, which was a Ryobi 18v tool from Halfords. The 2ah battery was a waste of time, and I exchanged that for a 5ah one and it's pretty bloody powerful to be honest. It's only used occasionally for track tensioning on the forwarder so it's perfectly adequate. I think it was £148 all in.

I have a Milwaukee grease gun and if you're still using manual grease guns, you need to cough up for the battery powered ones. Night and day. You use so much more grease, which cannot be a bad thing.

You’d be up the road for going anywhere near my kit with a cordless grease gun.

Designed for seat fillers to get the job done as fast as possible, wasting grease and plastering the machine in the process.

I use a Fuchs Reiner system and G coupler, absolutely no fuss or mess.

Eddie.

9 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

You’d be up the road for going anywhere near my kit with a cordless grease gun.

Designed for seat fillers to get the job done as fast as possible, wasting grease and plastering the machine in the process.

I use a Fuchs Reiner system and G coupler, absolutely no fuss or mess.

Eddie.

I have no idea what a Fuchs Reiner system and G coupler is. Please educate me.

Basically the Fuchs Reiner uses a larger grease cartridge that looks a little like a tube of Silicone.

To fit you simply remove the cap and then insert and screw into the housing.

The grease is actually sucked out of the tube with the bottom cap of the tube sliding up as emptying progresses.

They literally completely empty the tube every time no issues or mess whatsoever.

They run at higher pressure and deliver more each stroke than a standard gun.

You can also change grades in seconds, with a couple of pumps allowing the different product through.

I’ve three and the oldest is around 5 years now, all still working perfectly.

The G Coupler replaces the standard Grease Gun end and allows you to simply clip onto the nipples without having to hold it with one hand.

They are brilliant and combined with the Reiner mean you can grease machines effortlessly without mess.

Eddie.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Basically the Fuchs Reiner uses a larger grease cartridge that looks a little like a tube of Silicone.

To fit you simply remove the cap and then insert and screw into the housing.

The grease is actually sucked out of the tube with the bottom cap of the tube sliding up as emptying progresses.

They literally completely empty the tube every time no issues or mess whatsoever.

They run at higher pressure and deliver more each stroke than a standard gun.

You can also change grades in seconds, with a couple of pumps allowing the different product through.

I’ve three and the oldest is around 5 years now, all still working perfectly.

The G Coupler replaces the standard Grease Gun end and allows you to simply clip onto the nipples without having to hold it with one hand.

They are brilliant and combined with the Reiner mean you can grease machines effortlessly without mess.

Eddie.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Looks far better than a standard manual grease gun but I am still quite fond of my battery system :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Looks far better than a standard manual grease gun but I am still quite fond of my battery system :D

Not knocking the Battery ones, in the right hands I’m certain they’re fine.

Just I normally witness the 30 second dash around a machine that is completely black around all pivot points from over greasing by the so called operator, before they throw all the sandwich wrappers, crisp packets and pop bottles out of the cab onto the floor and slam the door shut, racing to get in the van for home!

At least treat yourself to a G coupler for your battery version, they’re brilliant.

Eddie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I might get a G coupler. Does look good Eddie. As an owner operator I was sick of manual greasing, and became very envious when I saw how good the battery ones were. I take the time to clean and check the tightness of all the grease nipples before giving them the appropriate dose!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stere said:

Isn't it just  down to Nm torque if figures stated are  honest.

Makita does 5 different  1/2 inch models ranging from 1000nm to 190nm max torque

Infos:

https://www.rgbltd.co.uk/media/content/Brochures/spec-book-2019-compressed.pdf

Valid point! Who wants 1000nm when things like chipper blades are 210nm, wheel studs 150nm. Same for a grease gun, you can put too much pressure into a track tensioning piston and such like.