Which Budget 1/2" Impact Gun - Cordless?

PeteB

I was in the situation where I needed to have a gun in the toolbox of a machine just to do the quick hitch and simply went with a Clarke brushless job from Machine Mart at about £100 plus vat on offer and it comes with two batteries and charger.

To be honest I wasn’t expecting much, just trying to speed up a specific task and it wouldn’t warrant anything more expensive.

It’s however turned out to be a handy bit of kit, now lives in the van with no worries if it gets stolen etc, and for example last week fetched all 4 wheels straight off my Defender without resorting to a breaker bar first.

Best thing about it is it’s so small and light, it’s ideal just to have for spinning nuts off/on even if I need a breaker bar first.

Eddie.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

I was in the situation where I needed to have a gun in the toolbox of a machine just to do the quick hitch and simply went with a Clarke brushless job from Machine Mart at about £100 plus vat on offer and it comes with two batteries and charger.

To be honest I wasn’t expecting much, just trying to speed up a specific task and it wouldn’t warrant anything more expensive.

It’s however turned out to be a handy bit of kit, now lives in the van with no worries if it gets stolen etc, and for example last week fetched all 4 wheels straight off my Defender without resorting to a breaker bar first.

Best thing about it is it’s so small and light, it’s ideal just to have for spinning nuts off/on even if I need a breaker bar first.

I've got that one and it's good but it won't crack the nuts of wheels that have been fitted by a tyre fitter but then I cannot shift them with a 1/2" ratchet either so have to resort to the breaker bar

I find it’s not instantaneous like a Milwaukee or the like, but with a charged battery and in the faster setting fetched all my Defender nuts straight off and they’ve not been touched in 12 months.

It’s certainly not a professional bit of kit, it did it’s job and It’s just handy to have, I can loan it to lads on site etc no worries.

Eddie.

I was in a bind needing an impact wrench the other day and picked up the only one that was in stock in Tiverton, which was a Ryobi 18v tool from Halfords. The 2ah battery was a waste of time, and I exchanged that for a 5ah one and it's pretty bloody powerful to be honest. It's only used occasionally for track tensioning on the forwarder so it's perfectly adequate. I think it was £148 all in.

I have a Milwaukee grease gun and if you're still using manual grease guns, you need to cough up for the battery powered ones. Night and day. You use so much more grease, which cannot be a bad thing.

• Like 1