Petrol powered 24" thicknesser

bella wood

4 hours ago, SbTVF said:
4 hours ago, bella wood said:
Has anybody else got similar ,, made it up a few months ago ,, needs a new home in a couple of weeks but sold as spares/repairs ,comes with 3 phase motor and belt gaurd
DSC05876.JPG.1d94a34f0399140d8343d8462f46979e.JPG
DSC05875.JPG.14f3f261df1a9bfe971a42173ed05dbd.JPG
DSC05874.JPG.5da5f26f0d0acfc63126368a275c23e3.JPG
DSC05877.JPG.ef10994faec1d427e1518c8eee72625e.JPG

Read more  

Where are you based? Would kill for one of those!!

be careful they seem quiet keen!!!! :)

Cool ,never seen that done before did you rig up that petrol engine,I have just got a Wadkin thicknesser that is 3 phase so now on the lookout for a 3 phase converter ,but looking at that setup,that might be an option.how much do you want for it just out of interest.

Cheers Mark 

Gobbypunk,,

i was going to get a converter years ago but my electrician said it was a bad idea due to huge amperage needed, yes i converted it myself 13hp engine few months ago to help me clean up the timber i had left , ive been messing around with a 240v 16inch axminster thicknesser for about 10years, night and day is the difference, ive made about 50 dumpy bags of compacted planings with it so far ,,

The problem with alot of the big planers is they have 2 motors ,

Cost wise ,,planer near 1000 and engine from germany 210 ,, and a few belt of different lengths to get it to work ,, Would let it go for 1000 including the original 5.5kw motor and 2 sets of blades,

Loosing my yard in a couple of weeks so will need gone but ive more wood to plane so if anyone wants it its available at the end of the month

2 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Cool ,never seen that done before did you rig up that petrol engine,I have just got a Wadkin thicknesser that is 3 phase so now on the lookout for a 3 phase converter ,but looking at that setup,that might be an option.how much do you want for it just out of interest.

Cheers Mark 

I have a 3 phase converter here from when i upgraded my workshop,What size are you looking for ??