Climate change or tax extortion?

Baldbloke

11 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Think he needs to take his tinfoil hat off for five minutes

ha ha - keep on hearing about these hats, so had to do a bit of research, apparently handy to stop telepathic people getting inside your head! I think 1/8" lead sheet would keep out the electromagnetic waves better.

An early allusion to an "insulative electrical contrivance encircling the head during thought" appears in the unusual 1909 non-fiction publication Atomic Consciousness [2] by self-proclaimed "seer" John Palfrey (aka "James Bathurst") who believed such headgear was not effective for his "retention of thoughts and ideas" against a supposed "telepathic impactive impingement"

2 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

Ok. Rising sea levels have been happening for millennia, and not since we’ve been burning fossil fuels.The English Channel was a vast woodland and dry plain once.

Just estimated figures [ not by me ] but during the height of the ice age sea levels were approximately 400 feet lower and should all the ice on the planet melt 240 feet higher than now has been suggested.

It.s all happened before, it's a cycle..... the main difference next time will be the hundreds of nuclear power stations that are mostly down by the sea.....

5 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Exactly. I have been a fan of renewable energy since the 70s, it hasn't stopped me driving cars or tractors but I do aim to conserve fuel.

In the meanwhile because of fears of damage we are doing by releasing so much CO2 renewable energy has really taken off. Even the Saudis know they have to spread the risk of oil dependence, hence their announcement to float their oil company.

Agreed. I think it's a complete (and sinister) scam, but we shouldn't be squandering our resources with abandon..

3 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Agreed. I think it's a complete (and sinister) scam, but we shouldn't be squandering our resources with abandon..

I think you remarkably over estimate the scamming ability of human beings.

"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead"

Conspiracies of the magnitude you are implying simply don't exist.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

I think you remarkably over estimate the scamming ability of human beings.

"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead"

Conspiracies of the magnitude you are implying simply don't exist.

(Sorry, sorry, I've done it again) It's not an organized conspiracy, it's a confluence of interest. Like the way the "rich opress the poor". How's life anyway? Are you in the yurt this winter?

5 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

(Sorry, sorry, I've done it again) It's not an organized conspiracy, it's a confluence of interest. Like the way the "rich opress the poor". How's life anyway? Are you in the yurt this winter?

Life is marvellous, thanks for asking.

Without wanting to shatter your image of me, I don't have a yurt.

Regarding a  'sinister confluence of interest', I would say you are almost certainly attributing it to the wrong side of the debate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Life is marvellous, thanks for asking.

Without wanting to shatter your image of me, I don't have a yurt.

Regarding a  'sinister confluence of interest', I would say you are almost certainly attributing it to the wrong side of the debate.

Oh, I thought you had a yurt. Maybe it was Jomoco, now I think about it...I know someone here claimed to live part time in a yurt in their woodland. There's confluences of interest all over the place, nothing new. The oil companies and me share an interest in free flowing crude oil. They want to sell a product and I want to buy it. No conspiracy.