Temporary work WANTED Newcastle upon Tyne

Craig S

Temp work wanted, cs30/31, cs38, blue CSCS card (chainsaw), NPORS lorry loader, IRATA rope access level 1, MEWP, CE driving license, wood chipper, stump grinder, PA1 PA6a, ITC outdoor first aid, EFAW+F, Lantra basic tree survey. I am based in North Tyneside and looking for local work near Newcastle upon Tyne or south Northumberland until December maybe longer, thanks.

Edited by Craig S

Sadly, we're not Newcastle area, but we're an AAAC based at Guisborough, looking for a lead climber/groundie, if you're prepared to travel further. We're looking to employ a permanent staff member but can offer a short term contract if you're interested. Loads of work on the books, domestic & commercial. Kevin 07411 922881

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You maybe correct, if you need the money you will do anything. I am probably looking at an hour and a half to two hours in rush hour plus £3.60 in tunnel fees plus diesel and this that and the other, is it worth it? I could stay in a youth hosel for £18 per night, I am skint at the moment and no money for Christmas so I may even do it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig S said:

You maybe correct, if you need the money you will do anything. I am probably looking at an hour and a half to two hours in rush hour plus £3.60 in tunnel fees plus diesel and this that and the other, is it worth it? I could stay in a youth hosel for £18 per night, I am skint at the moment and no money for Christmas so I may even do it!

Go down there once, do a weeks graft, ask the man if you can get the first days pay at the end of it to see you through, sleep in the van then get B&B, Plenty of bedding needed, but needs must. Beggars can't be choosers. That might sound harsh but it's not ment that way, get on and get a living. Crack on and get down there, 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I have only got a car,  I wish I had a van then I would have done it. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, if I sell my car to buy a van then I have got no transport then I need to change the insurance to a commercial vehicle etc, I maybe making it sound more complicated than it is but nothing seems easy nowadays?

20 minutes ago, Craig S said:

Unfortunately I have only got a car,  I wish I had a van then I would have done it. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, if I sell my car to buy a van then I have got no transport then I need to change the insurance to a commercial vehicle etc, I maybe making it sound more complicated than it is but nothing seems easy nowadays?

Sleep in the car, you'll have a week of suffering. If the man has a decent bone in his body he'll pay you by the day to start with, it's not difficult. Do you honestly want the graft?

No one ever said life was easy, are you shying away from this work because you can't afford to get there in the first place?

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1