Greenmech Evo 165d v first St6d

matthawh1966

1 hour ago, john paget said:

Er it’s not as good, doing some maccy this morning, will try n get a video

You're kind of comparing a 7.5" 37hp chipper to a 6" 26hp chipper....

The Evo 165 is compliant with all the latest / forthcoming regulations. The 540 is 37hp? On any new models they will either need to be reduced to 26hp or have DPF etc adding an additional 3-4k on engine cost...?

Edited by GA Groundcare

That’s diesel. The new Kubota V1505 25hp. 

Granted it was a straight piece. We didn’t take the video, the customer sent it to us whilst he had it on demo. 

As videos were being asked for felt it was at least worth posting. 

The Evo 165 has horizontal rollers. It is definitely aggressive on pulling the material in ?

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

I have noticed that both you and Forst are now extracting 26 hp out of the v1505, whereas in the old days it was putting out 31/35, I guess it’s about emissions.

I had an old 25hp arbor eater last century, compared to that one in the vid it was crap (though in fairness that’s a piece of goat willow) 

Going from 35 to 26 seems a big step backwards, surely peeps must want the older more powerful ones?

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I have noticed that both you and Forst are now extracting 26 hp out of the v1505, whereas in the old days it was putting out 31/35, I guess it’s about emissions.

I had an old 25hp arbor eater last century, compared to that one in the vid it was crap (though in fairness that’s a piece of goat willow) 

Going from 35 to 26 seems a big step backwards, surely peeps must want the older more powerful ones?

Going forward, anything new over 25hp will require a DPF and other “cleaner burn” add ons making your compliant 34hp engine in the region of £3,000 - £4,000 more expensive. 

That’ll tip your average new 6” machine over £20,000 net ex vat. 

The Evo 165 has the new, legislation compliant 25hp Kubota V1505 engine. It doesn’t need all the clean burn stuff which keeps the cost down. The new flywheel in the Evo weighs twice what the Arborist range (130/150/150p) weighs, recycles the chip less around the flywheel and throws it better too. The r&d they’ve put into that is impressive. 

Something like a 8” machine and larger equipment will need all the clean burn and the prices of that equipment will unfortunately be more expensive. 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1