Broken into again

miker

Shooting them would stop it.

The only place I lived where that was legal,was also the only place I never locked my door and left kit out

Thirty years ago in Brittany, if you burgled some ones farm, you'd know every farmer had a shot gun and would use it on any thief.
And a lot of thieves got shot.
I used to know a French smackhead who bragged about stealing diesel from lorry park ups at night.
They caught him one night, broke both his arms and legs, spent a long time in hospital. Didn't steal diesel again.
[emoji848]
  • Like 2

Anyone who takes for granted being in a quiet area with a low crime rate ie me.. needs to be extra vigilant. Dont take for granted the proximity of your kit to your house these scumbags will nick it out your bed and you wont know. Cctv great for establishing a time line but as police told me no one enters a property with face on show or legit plates on vehicles. Strong lighting and very loud alarms were recommended. Sadly i think.on the interceptors programmes i have only seen 1 where they found anything with a tracker

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martin Tree Care said:

Anyone who takes for granted being in a quiet area with a low crime rate ie me.. needs to be extra vigilant. Dont take for granted the proximity of your kit to your house these scumbags will nick it out your bed and you wont know. Cctv great for establishing a time line but as police told me no one enters a property with face on show or legit plates on vehicles. Strong lighting and very loud alarms were recommended. Sadly i think.on the interceptors programmes i have only seen 1 where they found anything with a tracker. 

Your right they will have it if they want it whatever you do

Anyone who takes for granted being in a quiet area with a low crime rate ie me.. needs to be extra vigilant. Dont take for granted the proximity of your kit to your house these scumbags will nick it out your bed and you wont know. Cctv great for establishing a time line but as police told me no one enters a property with face on show or legit plates on vehicles. Strong lighting and very loud alarms were recommended. Sadly i think.on the interceptors programmes i have only seen 1 where they found anything with a tracker. 

Track and perimeter alarms are a great deterrent and detection system. They can be linked to bring on security lighting or a strobe.
I have been using Parabeam UK system for last 5 years and it’s a good reliable system

WWW.PARABEAM.CO.UK

Wireless Driveway Alarm System / Perimeter Alarms | Farm Security Systems | Driveway Security - Buy Online. Wireless, solar recharging, infrared security beam, SMS Alert, expandable system. Detect visitors, customers and intruders before they reach your property.

Best I've seen for security was cctv with speakers to talk to them saying your been watch and police are on the way. There was someone on our local new that had made a device that gave a electric shock if tampered with not sure if it was on a vehicle or some thing on his property. Think it made it onto the radio 2 Jeremy vine show. We were broken into ones about 5year ago 6f s360c strimmer a stihl stone saw and ms290 saw 3 hl95 longreach headge strimmers its heart breaking the feeling you get when you realise. Thing is they would end up taking you to court if they hurt them selfs and they'd win.. 

1 hour ago, gary112 said:

Local chainsaw shop had infra red and still got done,they beat it somehow

I do not think unless you have fort knox type security will you keep a determined thief out, all a beam will do is give you a bit of advance warning, ours has a few 360 perimeter beams and if broken alerts us and turns on some lights, usually enough to discourage at opportunist robber, but if someone really wants to get in its very hard to keep them out.

• Like 1