Broken into again

miker

Sorry to hear that, I think the obvious chains, clamps and hitch locks are a good idea.

The thing is that chains and clamps only seem to stop an opportunist as appose to a well equipped thief.

I’d probably install a loud siren inside and outside with a cage around it so it can’t be broken easily.

That way the noise will get people’s attention and hopefully they’ll go before the get through the chains or anyone comes to see what set the sirens off.

May seem a bit over the top but if it keeps your tools safe why not.

127db Intruder Burglar Alarm Siren - VERY, VERY LOUD!

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Shop 127db Intruder Burglar Alarm Siren - VERY, VERY LOUD!. Free delivery on eligible orders of £20 or more.

For plant surely trackers are the answer.

Reported one chipper within 30 mins of it being stolen to the tracker company thinking yes this is it we have them... never to be seen again so I would not get another... unless it seriously off set insurance and was worth it for that benefit but I have no faith in them.

2 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Reported one chipper within 30 mins of it being stolen to the tracker company thinking yes this is it we have them... never to be seen again so I would not get another... unless it seriously off set insurance and was worth it for that benefit but I have no faith in them.

Oh, fair enough. Bit disappointing.

I think it depends on the theif , I think if your being targeted and they know what they want they will have the gear to find trackers and deactivate them.. for an opportunist theft it would be worth the investment.. often you hear of stuff being stolen and ditched in a hedge or wood and then found.
Those kind of thieves I would recon are easily put off though by a few layers any way.

3 or 4 years ago one of my employees, (who had a criminal record but not for theft) left on very bad terms, and his parting words ( to me in front of everyone else in the yard) were ‘I know where you keep all your stuff and I will tell all my mates and you’ll end up with nothing’
I took this boys threat very seriously, happily nothing came of it, but I continue to keep everything with a 2 stroke engine in my house each evening out of habit and security.

Seems that a lot of you guys have had it far worse than me, makes my bloody blood boil, i too have worked for 21 years and built up my kit from nothing only for the scum to nick it and probably sell it for a fraction of the cost , and the worst part is that the police cant/wont do a thing about it without cctv footage etc, i for one will challenge any potential suspects regardless weather it is my kit or anyone elses, we are all just trying to get on and earn an honest living

Cheers for all the replies/suggestions etc

Mike