Broken into again

miker

Gents these incidents appear to be well planned crimes not some druggie low-life thievery. The potential for things to escalate and someone get seriously hurt or worse is clear. I would advise you employ a properly qualified security consultant (not a CCTV consultant or local copper) to conduct a security survey of your sites.  Any site can be accessed by an adversary, given enough time and inclination. You need to balance deterrence and the delay factor of your security measures with the time it takes to respond and the cavalry to arrive!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MattyF said:

I had two wheel clamps a head lock and anchored chain on the floor on the chipper ,two lockable bollards in front of that, my tractor with three point linkage winch lowered and and the battery taken out in front of that. One large armoured door in front of that. All the saws and rigging kit in double locked armoured boxes.. a second locked gate people sleeping within 20yards and cctv... the only thing missing was an alarm system ...They came in with catapults to take out the cameras then oxy torched the locks for every thing else ,came to 27k .. they also some how knew I had a number of saws not in that lock up so started marking my house , at this point after already loosing a grand total of over £30k of hand tools and four wood chippers probably coming in around to another 55k over the years I packed up and left as to be honest and I’m not trying to be hard I would of killed some one and I knew who had done it so did the police. It was not mentally healthy being in that area and despite spending most of my life there and having a lot of friends I will never go back, as I would actually do terrible things with out a second thought and these sub human bits of shit are not worth doing time for.
We need new laws in this country , I feel for any trades man who has built there livelihood up from nothing but hard graft the effects mentally of loosing your livelihood are well ...not positive but don’t let the bastards get you down get an alarm or change yards or even have a separate place for saws at home and don’t tell any one where it is.. it mad spending an extra half hour a day protecting gear but that’s what it’s come too.

read the above 3 times and i am shocked.  My wife read it and she is shocked! It sounds unreal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Commando said:

Gents these incidents appear to be well planned crimes not some druggie low-life thievery. The potential for things to escalate and someone get seriously hurt or worse is clear. I would advise you employ a properly qualified security consultant (not a CCTV consultant or local copper) to conduct a security survey of your sites.  Any site can be accessed by an adversary, given enough time and inclination. You need to balance deterrence and the delay factor of your security measures with the time it takes to respond and the cavalry to arrive!

I agree but any sentence handed down will not be a deterrent to others.

Your security may deter the first second and third lot but there is always another crew willing to have a go.If however crew one bled out in a Transit perforated with 7.62,I strongly beleive  crew two and three would not only look elsewhere but find something else to concentrate on.

There in lies the problem,the authorities like having theives take insured things off the working man or business owner.Things get lifted,insurance payer out,premiums go up ,tax all round and no Granny gets her handbag snatched. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you missed my point Mike, what I’m saying is that even with all that protection (delay), the fookers still has time on site to get to the kit. Matty says himself “the only thing missing was an alarm”. The alarm “detection” would have alerted him to the situation and he could of made the choice....direct action (not recommended, some of these scumbags ain’t worried about dishing out some serious mindless violence) or call the cav......with or without 7.62mm!
I fully agree with comments about sentencing not being a deterrent, I’m a great believer that prison should be about punishment first, rehabilitation should be earned!

• Like 1

The more i look at what has been lifted the more it looks like a very smart arb specific thief. Certainly in this current wave of thefts anyway. They have picked through certain brands, left others, but then nicked an alaskan mill. Its a group who understand our job/tools who also seem to be proficient theives.

Anyone who is reading this maybe check your buildings in the wee hours, rig up wildlife cams as 1 of us may get lucky and intercept before they do more damage.  Keep an eye our for oddly parked estate cars and people carriers. They took my grinder quite a distance to avoid a number of bedroom windows and a long gravel drive. Anyone whos found a gate open on there property be suspicious as they may have been scoping. 

• Like 1

The biggest problem this time of year it's dark early we get back from a days work have no idea who is watching us unload kit they can be stand any where near by and you would not see them.

What Matty has said is not unusual because if they want it they will get it one way or another. Chaining stuff down may not be the answer to  stop them taking chipper taking the wheels off and locking them up maybe better and takes about same time as removing chains and other bits and pieces. 

• Like 2

Years ago i never took any saws home at night, they always stayed under brash in the woods away from where i was working a  bit and never had one go missing,as soon as i started locking em up had some go missing,a thief loves a padlock cos theres usually something good behind it

• Like 2