Broken into again

miker

Lost some kit last night, what does it take to keep the scumbags out, are high tensile locks and hasps the way to go ? a mate of mine reckoned that they used a rebar cutter to get in, locks were fine but hasps were mullered, as was the lashing chains around the kit, what is the way to go ?????

Mike

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, miker said:

Lost some kit last night, what does it take to keep the scumbags out, are high tensile locks and hasps the way to go ? a mate of mine reckoned that they used a rebar cutter to get in, locks were fine but hasps were mullered, as was the lashing chains around the kit, what is the way to go ?????

Mike

That’s bad news sorry to hear it. 
what’s the gear stored in

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

That’s bad news sorry to hear it. 
what’s the gear stored in

Was in a garage , very discreet, in the grounds of a care home, 20 yards from main building, outside flood lights etc, they took the locks with them, seems very organised but on the other hand seems like an " inside job "

• Sad 1

Crappy news, sorry to hear this.

On top of everything else install some security only you know about - don’t tell anyone who works with/for you as it could well be an inside job sadly.

Also get some blank shotgun cartridge tripwire mines. 

Have you got power in there (no need to answer, just for consideration). If so, get CCTV if not already installed (you can watch it live on your phone), recording to a cloud-based server in case they take the hard drive. Don’t put signs up. You can set cctv up to send you a message on your phone if it detects any movement. 

Layer the security, and make it impossible to get in without making noise. Don’t just use off-the-shelf locks etc - get something made that would need to be cut with a grinder (noisy) to access any locks or hinges for example. Bolt croppers are silent but are no good if they can’t reach what needs cutting. 

If you catch anyone in the act, hide all evidence of them and you ever being there...

• Like 5

Last time we got hit a few months back, they climbed over two 8'+ steel gates,
Kicked the shit out of two alsatians, ripped the locks off all containers,
Moved the vehicle parked in front of Saw container,
Cut through lock guards with cordless angle grinder,
Cut all hardened locks.
Made off with 25k of tools.
Now someone is staying on site every night.

I don't own any big machinery, all my kit goes home into my house every night. Total ball ache.
The Mrs complains about sawdust/mud through the kitchen.
No easy answers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, miker said:

Mike

Bad news yet again,i dont think there is a way to stop the thieving scum.as said take kit in house every night but what a pain:cursing:

I had two wheel clamps a head lock and anchored chain on the floor on the chipper ,two lockable bollards in front of that, my tractor with three point linkage winch lowered and and the battery taken out in front of that. One large armoured door in front of that. All the saws and rigging kit in double locked armoured boxes.. a second locked gate people sleeping within 20yards and cctv... the only thing missing was an alarm system ...They came in with catapults to take out the cameras then oxy torched the locks for every thing else ,came to 27k .. they also some how knew I had a number of saws not in that lock up so started marking my house , at this point after already loosing a grand total of over £30k of hand tools and four wood chippers probably coming in around to another 55k over the years I packed up and left as to be honest and I’m not trying to be hard I would of killed some one and I knew who had done it so did the police. It was not mentally healthy being in that area and despite spending most of my life there and having a lot of friends I will never go back, as I would actually do terrible things with out a second thought and these sub human bits of shit are not worth doing time for.
We need new laws in this country , I feel for any trades man who has built there livelihood up from nothing but hard graft the effects mentally of loosing your livelihood are well ...not positive but don’t let the bastards get you down get an alarm or change yards or even have a separate place for saws at home and don’t tell any one where it is.. it mad spending an extra half hour a day protecting gear but that’s what it’s come too.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Saddened to hear this. Did me last week. Same as took the padlocks with them. On mine they spun the padlocks off so the locks actually helped as it seems stilsons and some force and weakest part of the system gave way no cutting needed. 

Again same re inside job i have 1 long term helper who isnt likely to have tipped them off. 

They took nothing but tree related stuff no garage gear except a cordless angle grinder!!!

I think a thread with brief details of how those of us that have been targeted,  have been,  would be helpful to illustrate the weak links in what we thought were secure systems and illustrate patterns. 

Martin 

Thats a hard read Matty as all we are doing is trying to earn. 

Just goes to illustrate if they want it they will get it. Same my building is only 20m from my house. 

Totally agree if these types were punished properly, caught in the 1st place or immunity given to the property owner  to treat them as seen fit, then would they be as keen to go and rob folk. 

I spoke to a chap who had left arb and moved into sales purely due to the nicking. Shouldnt be the case.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1