What is it?

eggsarascal

2 minutes ago, Stere said:

Imagine if bin men went on strike.  Alot more vital job for society than the majority of other jobs. Not saying bin men should get then same a doctors but they are provided a vital service.

As an example:

Wage differences  have skyrocketed   CEO to workers. CEO now get above 200 times more pay than bottom rung, back in 1965 it was 20 times.

09-24-2013-snapshot-ceopay1.png&w=948&h=

CEO is the extreme example of how the whole  pay scales has changed across all jobs within comapanies and public sector organizations.

NHS & council management consultants for example.

You can’t pull that out of context like that. You need my whole sentence!

they are vital roles.

big j the other day was saying that porters at hospitals were not that vital (not a quote as I can’t remember but along those lines) the doctors wouldn’t have patients in the right place without them. Does that mean they need a doctors salary....

CEO pay has always been ludicrous but that won’t change (much at least)

4 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Andy and eggsy aside...,
An observation...
The more intelligent you are, the more you should earn. This premise fascinates me.
It's a superiority complex.
See it all the time.
Doctors,business men, lawyers etc
If we are all equal humans, why would intelligence matter?
Whether you're a bin man or doctor, a days work is a days work.
emoji848.png

No, I dont agree with this at all.

A Bin Man can basically walk into a job and be qualified for it. A Doctor has to be diligent from high school. My Daughters are going down this road, or at least trying to and its extremely difficult to just get a place in a University of Medicine, not only does she need to get Straight A's in 4th year she needs A, A, B in 5th year and the same again in 6th year. To achieve that she has to revise almost constantly and have extra tuition(paid for because we dont meet the poor people criteria) But even that would not be enough, she would have to show her interests are in Medicine and show the Uni that she had done volunteering at a Hospital, or Hospice etc etc. On top of that she'll need a Gold in the Duke of Edinburgh. This is all before she starts her 7 years training to be a Doctor. Which will be exhausting and financially draining. 

If then she manages to survive all that stress and she qualifies as a Doctor she will have the responsibility of peoples lives directly on her hands. 

Yet you think a days work for a Bin Man and a Doctor should be the same? Im sure maybe now why I cant agree with that? 

I also dont think its solely about intelligence, I dont think I have actually said it was? But drive, determination to succeed and will power. If you dont have these traits and are happy doing a menial job that anyone could replace you with a weeks training then the pool from which that person could be replaced is huge. The supply and demand here dictates the wages.  On the other hand where Doctors, Lawers, CEO's all to be paid the same as someone working on the Tills in Tescos then you'd have no CEO's, Lawers and Doctors because whats the point in dedicating your life to something to only be rewarded the same as someone without the drive, dedication, will power and the debt attached to such a position?

Rough, you charge what you feel you can for the job you do. Where the customer happy to pay you an extra £300 a day would you refuse it? Would you say no, thats now what someone in Tesco gets so Im not going to take anything above what they earn? Or would you rather think that the skills you've developed over time should be reflected in what you earn?

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I've not been living in a caravan on any building site and I did sell a house,  (well it was a bungalow actually) in the countryside, and I was not turfed off anywhere so, I'm afraid I've not been caught out. You'd need to get up a lot earlier in the morning to do that.

If you don't believe me ask any of the 'real' people from this forum who know me.

Ah, you're going down the denial route I see. I must admit, I did not see that line of reasoning coming. :D 

20 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Ah, you're going down the denial route I see. I must admit, I did not see that line of reasoning coming. :D 

Ask anyone who's been here if I live in a caravan in a work yard/ building site, Mr Johnson, or AHHP to name a couple.

lets get back to you spinning things, please answer some of the questions I asked you last night, in order without BS if you would be so kind.

1, How do in work benefits make the low paid equal to highly skilled people or doctors?

2, Who would do the menial jobs if everyone was highly educated?

3, How are people that work full time in distribution hubs as Pickers & Packers lazy and feckless?

• Haha 1

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Ask anyone who's been here if I live in a caravan in a work yard/ building site, Mr Johnson, or AHHP to name a couple.

lets get back to you spinning things, please answer some of the questions I asked you last night, in order without BS if you would be so kind.

1, How do in work benefits make the low paid equal to highly skilled people or doctors?

3, How are people that work full time in distribution hubs as Pickers & Packers lazy and feckless?

Explain Richards link to what you posted before then?

Anyway, yes, lets get this back on track. The Caravan comment was a throw away coment that was directly linked to what you have been proven to have written within the last 2 years. Im sorry if it got you so Butt Hurt, clearly I hit a nerve. ;)

So where where we? Ah yes, we where in the middle of you tying me up in knots, so lets resume shall we? 

Its an equalizing. Work Benefits is one of those benefits but I also added other benefits which you have not included in this point. These include Child Benefit, reduced Council Tax if you or your partner is a Student, School Dinners, School Music Lessons and last but not least taxing someone 40% and the other person either nothing or virtually nothing. When they are all considered together there is equalizing, intentionally I believe. The Green Eyes Monster is a huge issue in Scotland where so many here have a chip on their shoulders. But I dont doubt you struggle to see this, I believe its been designed in such a way that the Lay Person cant, or wont join the dots. :)

Ive covered who would do the menial Jobs, but I'll do so yet again just for you. Repetition for emphasis as it where. As there is a higher percentage of people in the UK on benefits than there is people paying tax then there is a huge scope to get at least a sizable percentage of these people to do the menial jobs. They clearly dont have the drive to do anything else. Where benefits reduced to the point where people on them where on the bread line and had a roof over their heads, and nothing more there would be a huge incentive for them to get their arses off the sofa and earn a wage, a wage that is currently equal to what they see in benefits I believe many would do. Many would also be happy to still sit on their arses and live off of bread and water. But then thats OK as it would be costing the tax payer a fraction of what they cost now. It might even spark a drive into them to better themselves. The Benefit system in the UK is broken, it was not designed to be a lifestyle choice. 

Please direct me to where I have said such a thing. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Explain Richards link to what you posted before then?

Anyway, yes, lets get this back on track. The Caravan comment was a throw away coment that was directly linked to what you have been proven to have written within the last 2 years. Im sorry if it got you so Butt Hurt, clearly I hit a nerve. ;)

So where where we? Ah yes, we where in the middle of you tying me up in knots, so lets resume shall we? 

Its an equalizing. Work Benefits is one of those benefits but I also added other benefits which you have not included in this point. These include Child Benefit, reduced Council Tax if you or your partner is a Student, School Dinners, School Music Lessons and last but not least taxing someone 40% and the other person either nothing or virtually nothing. When they are all considered together there is equalizing, intentionally I believe. The Green Eyes Monster is a huge issue in Scotland where so many here have a chip on their shoulders. But I dont doubt you struggle to see this, I believe its been designed in such a way that the Lay Person cant, or wont join the dots. :)

Ive covered who would do the menial Jobs, but I'll do so yet again just for you. Repetition for emphasis as it where. As there is a higher percentage of people in the UK on benefits than there is people paying tax then there is a huge scope to get at least a sizable percentage of these people to do the menial jobs. They clearly dont have the drive to do anything else. Where benefits reduced to the point where people on them where on the bread line and had a roof over their heads, and nothing more there would be a huge incentive for them to get their arses off the sofa and earn a wage, a wage that is currently equal to what they see in benefits I believe many would do. Many would also be happy to still sit on their arses and live off of bread and water. But then thats OK as it would be costing the tax payer a fraction of what they cost now. It might even spark a drive into them to better themselves. The Benefit system in the UK is broken, it was not designed to be a lifestyle choice. 

Please direct me to where I have said such a thing. :)

You really do have a problem with the word we're or the words we are.

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

And you have a severe case of memory loss.  Just to remind you. :D Its comedy gold, it really is. 

89CDCD15-C950-42BA-92FC-7DE8C161F05E.thumb.png.aee4691960773504575a3dc2d803edda.png

How do you do that? Go back through thirteen months of posts to find what you're looking for?

My missus is like that in a disagreement, she'll move heaven and earth, waste endless time and energy, just to prove that she's right or to make a point. :lol:

• Like 2

How do you do that? Go back through thirteen months of posts to find what you're looking for?

My missus is like that in a disagreement, she'll move heaven and earth, waste endless time and energy, just to prove that she's right or to make a point. :lol:

Richard actually found it and posted it last night. I just thought I’d add it again today it’s so damn funny. ?

Eggs really is the gift that keeps on giving.

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Imagine if bin men went on strike.  Alot more vital job for society than the majority of other jobs. Not saying bin men should get then same a doctors but they are provided a vital service.

As an example:

Wage differences  have skyrocketed   CEO to workers. CEO now get above 200 times more pay than bottom rung, back in 1965 it was 20 times.

09-24-2013-snapshot-ceopay1.png&w=948&h=

NHS & council management consultants for example.

I would think the wages of CEOs in the above sector would have to increase to compete with CEOs in the private sector, otherwise they would just leave to work in the private sector ?