Still off the saws but now for something completely different lol

Fieldarcher

They look fantastic to say the least. Any idea on how many hours it takes?

I’ve been chainsaw carving for 6 years and working with very high speed Die grinders (100,000rpm) for over 20 years on jet engines. This makes my time spent a bit different from the norm if you get what I mean . IMG_5113.jpg
I timed this kilt pin and it took 3 1/2 hours with a few tea breaks .
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Fieldarcher said:

I’ve been chainsaw carving for 6 years and working with very high speed Die grinders (100,000rpm) for over 20 years on jet engines. This makes my time spent a bit different from the norm if you get what I mean . IMG_5113.jpg

That's another cracker, good skills.

• Like 1

Looks good!

2 hours ago, Fieldarcher said:

Looks nice. Thought something like that would take a lot longer but it does sound like you know what you are doing :)

What was it you did with the jet engines then?

Looks good!
Looks nice. Thought something like that would take a lot longer but it does sound like you know what you are doing [emoji4]

What was it you did with the jet engines then?

What I used to do and still do use is like an air powered dremel that can run up to 100,000 rpm . At this speed there is no chatter/ very smooth cut . There are certain parts that after they are machined need to be hand dressed due to complex angles and this is what I did . Nothing focuses the mind like working on a £80k part with one slip possibly scraping the whole thing .
  • Like 2