Brown Oak Wanted

gobbypunk

Hi Mr Monkey,but is it just me but I think £180 for one board 2.5mtrs long is bloody expensive so yep it is me wanting it cheaper than £180 but if I can I would like to deal with fellow arbtalkers .so the size I need to make 2 benches 2.5mtrs long 300/350 wide and 50mm thick or there about .

Thanks Mark 

6 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi Mr Monkey,but is it just me but I think £180 for one board 2.5mtrs long is bloody expensive so yep it is me wanting it cheaper than £180 but if I can I would like to deal with fellow arbtalkers .so the size I need to make 2 benches 2.5mtrs long 300/350 wide and 50mm thick or there about .

Thanks Mark 

Its hardly a massive slab your wanting either. £180 does sound excessive. I really have no idea about prices though. :D 

Ive got a couple of Oaks Butts to Mill soon and Im sure I have something suitable already drying. But Im closer to Aberdeen than I am to Edinburgh and I assume Edinburgh is considered far north for you. :D 

Ah, I see you're getting two of those dimensions for £180, not just one. 

Edited by trigger_andy

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Its hardly a massive slab your wanting either. £180 does sound excessive. I really have no idea about prices though. :D 

Ive got a couple of Oaks Butts to Mill soon and Im sure I have something suitable already drying. But Im closer to Aberdeen than I am to Edinburgh and I assume Edinburgh is considered far north for you. :D 

Ah, I see you're getting two of those dimensions for £180, not just one. 

Andy did you manage with the bed after as looked this morning and have loads of seasoned oak if you need some slats for the bed,Can run them through my plainer and sander and post em up.Not a lot for those postage 

7 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Thanks Mark 

I don’t know anything about timber prices but can get my head around supply and demand. If the seller can get that price for his oak then that is what it is worth I guess.

22 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Andy did you manage with the bed after as looked this morning and have loads of seasoned oak if you need some slats for the bed,Can run them through my plainer and sander and post em up.Not a lot for those postage 

Hey Les,

thats a very nice offer. :) I appreciate it. 

Im gonna see if I can have a dig in my own pile and see if  I have enough seasoned to use my own stock. I'd really like to be able to say I did everything in the whole process from milling the log right through to the finished article. But if I cant fine enough then if its still OK i'll drop you a bell. :) 

Im just waiting for the Bed connectors to come in the mail then I'll be back at it again. :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...