Best Firewood Trailer for an ATV?

BestBoy

41 minutes ago, BestBoy said:

Thank you for the suggestions. My main concern with the arborist trolley is that the timber has been cut into small pieces that have already been cut to length, ready to split with an axe. So I couldn't make the most of its unique shape, as it's designed to carry long limbs.

I'm wondering if something like this would be suitable due to the extra capacity, or if the ATV wouldn't be able to pull it packed with logs. As few journeys as possible would be ideal, as I have a long way to travel and a lot of logs to get through.

I'll keep looking for one with a tandem axle as suggested

Recently used my TCF trailer for bringing the arising back from a couple of take downs up the track from our yard, the mesh sides holding ringed up pieces and shorter lengths, then using the bolsters on top to stack longer lengths, getting a fair sized load.

I have a 600 grizzly 4x4, I use our very old ifor p6e for moving timber behind it. Had about 3/4 of a ton of hornbeam lengths in it at a time, pulled it fine on the tracks but had to help it up the hill to them with the digger. On a 1/4 mile round trip 2 of us could load with the digger, deliver, unload by hand and back in 20 minutes. 

Can get 2 bulk bags of split logs on it behind the quad as well 

Cheapish to buy compared to a quad trailer and multipurpose. 

4 hours ago, william127 said:

I have a 600 grizzly 4x4, I use our very old ifor p6e for moving timber behind it. Had about 3/4 of a ton of hornbeam lengths in it at a time, pulled it fine on the tracks but had to help it up the hill to them with the digger. On a 1/4 mile round trip 2 of us could load with the digger, deliver, unload by hand and back in 20 minutes. 

Can get 2 bulk bags of split logs on it behind the quad as well 

Cheapish to buy compared to a quad trailer and multipurpose. 

Also quad should fit on it to transport it about then just hitch on back and use.

2 hours ago, william127 said:

Yep, exactly ?

I've also delivered the quad to jobs in a cage sided p6e with my wessex quad trailer upturned on top of the cages ??

hi been using quads and trailers for many years to move timber on jobs, i find them ok on flat ground and gentle slopes but as soon as the slopes turn in to long climbs i find they struggle getting traction, quads and trailers have there place in moving timber but they all so have there limitations, used to have a twin axel crane trailer behind a quad and it spent more time on its side than the right way up, and another thing on quad trailers is the load rating on the tyres some are very low and others are a lot better, in the end i ended up building my own trailer with solid corner posts that act as bolster pins and all 4 cage sides are removable it all so has a manual tipping devise that works well,

IMAG0331.JPG

13 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

hi been using quads and trailers for many years to move timber on jobs, i find them ok on flat ground and gentle slopes but as soon as the slopes turn in to long climbs i find they struggle getting traction, quads and trailers have there place in moving timber but they all so have there limitations, used to have a twin axel crane trailer behind a quad and it spent more time on its side than the right way up, and another thing on quad trailers is the load rating on the tyres some are very low and others are a lot better, in the end i ended up building my own trailer with solid corner posts that act as bolster pins and all 4 cage sides are removable it all so has a manual tipping devise that works well,

IMAG0331.JPG

You any more pictures. How you got the hight above the tyres?