ECHO CS-360 TES Vs ECHO CS-362 TES

Jamie Jones

10 hours ago, wicklamulla said:

'the 362 has a new chrome plated cylinder which gives better acceleration and durability',  this i heard from an Echo rep.  Basically i would wait and see if they are any good afore spending money.  I have had a 360Tes for a few years,  good saw but not stunning. Jamie Jones do you have an Echo CS 2511 Tes yet as that would be money better spent in my experience.

Thanks for the feed back... I have a CS2511..... 

Is the gap between the two not big enough to justify.. Just felt that a 35cc with a 12" or 14" Bar would be much better than the 25cc with a 10" bar..

8 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

Thanks for the feed back... I have a CS2511..... 

Is the gap between the two not big enough to justify.. Just felt that a 35cc with a 12" or 14" Bar would be much better than the 25cc with a 10" bar..

I find i can use the 2511 and swap straight over  to a 50 or 60cc ground saw without the need for a bigger top handled saw in between. If yer still keen I'd shop around and pick up a new 360TES at a knock down bargain price. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, markrufrider said:

echo product tester and reviewer hear not much difference to look at externally between the two but the new 362tes internally are different different head on the engine and engine cylinder coating is different for a longer lasting saw and different carb some other small changes as well 

I hear the above is correct but is is also down tunes slightly in that it revs slightly less to meet the new emissions regs.

which is a little concerning Asti will bog down easier.

i have made the decision to opt for the older 360 over the newer version..

On 09/11/2019 at 17:48, Jamie Jones said:

I hear the above is correct but is is also down tunes slightly in that it revs slightly less to meet the new emissions regs.

nothing a retune and a muffler mod can't sort out 360 a very good choice u will not be disappointed love echo im holding out for the new 70cc released next year i have recently purchased the 2511 and love it it will do most jobs i will purchase a 362 at a later date but i don't feel the need for it at the moment catch u soon at mawmac mate its mark 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 09/11/2019 at 19:48, Jamie Jones said:

The "new" emission regulations are almost identical to the "old" emission regulations (some exceptions removed now). 360/362 aren't any different from that standpoint. 362 basically has cylinder coating that is more durable in certain work conditions.

Edited by Piston Skirt