Twin line working on “SRT”

On 02/11/2019 at 06:12, Arboricultured said:

I can’t think how to make it simpler to be honest.

Yes, I was dismantling the tree, the last photo was how I configured the system to top out the tree, and descend to fell the pole. All the others were it set up “SRT” I am not really sure it can be simpler. It’s all on one instead of having two completely separate systems and lines etc

I think, in all honesty, the problem I am working on is if the HSE decide to hold fast to their decision then I want a system to be compliant so that even if the worst happens my family will be seen right from my insurance company and they can’t wriggle!

Interesting addition to the debate. Still looks over the top to me- just like a 2rope DRT looks over the top to me- but yr set up does look advantageous and adds the benefit of static rope bonuses into the system. K

• Like 1

The cross loaded carabiner would be a stronger configuration if the two ropes in the larger hms bend were together in the opposite smaller bend.  Or just not include that third section of rope in the system.
How are you descending with just VT hitches?

The third section was to keep it from falling down the rope. I guess a small Prusik could be used instead.

Yes, just used the two VT’s, each is only sharing 50% of the load so they run ok. It’s not the smoothest though.

5 hours ago, Brocky said:

Here’s a way to lessen the clutter, but using Michoacán’s, they were easier to do than the VTs.  Pulleys can still fit in nicely, but went with a lower tech option of a couple of 1/2” plastic thimbles.

1093DC6C-4975-4775-8C6A-DD75E5177618.jpeg

lessen the clutter!!!??

would take me about two days to tie that ... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
On 29/11/2019 at 01:43, Brocky said:

Here’s a way to lessen the clutter, but using Michoacán’s, they were easier to do than the VTs.  Pulleys can still fit in nicely, but went with a lower tech option of a couple of 1/2” plastic thimbles.

1093DC6C-4975-4775-8C6A-DD75E5177618.jpeg

Here the plastic thimbles are level. But, surely when the rope is tended on one, the other becomes slack ? They appear to be quite fluid around that one centre tie ?