New Addition

5 shires

On 16/01/2020 at 06:58, 5 shires said:

Yes he has really come on in size and muscle...can’t remember my Spaniels growing so fast and filling out.my Spaniels always went all lanky before they filled out so quickly I guess because Weaver is a sprocker it’s a slighty different growing pattern,never thought about it before and obviously the food now has much more protein and supplements in it now days.i feed him on Skinners field and trial musle mix with chopped chicken and cod liver oil twice a day.

Hey Shires,how is the boy coming along?no update lately?

Hi Gary...hope all good with you buddy and thanks for asking..yes he’s coming on well I will post some photographs of him tomorrow,the dummy training is going to plan but the weather has got in the way really,one the fields are so waterlogged and mud everywhere which just doesn’t make sense in getting him wet and cold every 5 minutes.plus I have been flat out busy last 5/6 weeks which he has been with me all the time..he has grown so much and has so much energy compared to what my Spaniels had...he is a tornado and full on.i will be doing more intense trianing when the weather turns.?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 5 shires said:

Hi Gary...hope all good with you buddy and thanks for asking..yes he’s coming on well I will post some photographs of him tomorrow,the dummy training is going to plan but the weather has got in the way really,one the fields are so waterlogged and mud everywhere which just doesn’t make sense in getting him wet and cold every 5 minutes.plus I have been flat out busy last 5/6 weeks which he has been with me all the time..he has grown so much and has so much energy compared to what my Spaniels had...he is a tornado and full on.i will be doing more intense trianing when the weather turns.?

?

Hi All sorry not been posting much but nothing really to post at mo as not be able to get out much over the past few weeks..was looking at starting Waevera training towards beginning of February but the weather has been that bad all the fields around me and beyond have been waterlogged and just mud bathes,I have done a little water work with him but nothing that is worth posting really.

was planing on doing some intense dummie training this weekend but again the weather has put paid to that,have learned long ago that when the weather is bad training isn’t much fun and there is no point in going out for the sake of it,so it’s been mainly just keeping up has fitness and building up his staminer and muscle with him coming out on jobs and just having a run and being around other dogs and people as it’s important to have a dog which is friendly towards other dogs and there owners.

we were out again today doing a clear up job in Market Drayton and i managed to get a photograph of him,I took a few but most were crap and blurred.

so this is Weaver who is now just over 6 months old and to say he is like a tornado who be an understatement,he is like no other dog I have had which were all Spaniels and I thought they had energy but this sprocker has 3 times as much and if I can harness it and train him to an above standard he will be a smashing little working dog.4DDFE589-8959-4A74-82F3-A947FD207544.thumb.jpeg.16a368ab82c5d0c33a23d1049f579fca.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Hi All sorry not been posting much but nothing really to post at mo as not be able to get out much over the past few weeks..was looking at starting Waevera training towards beginning of February but the weather has been that bad all the fields around me and beyond have been waterlogged and just mud bathes,I have done a little water work with him but nothing that is worth posting really.

was planing on doing some intense dummie training this weekend but again the weather has put paid to that,have learned long ago that when the weather is bad training isn’t much fun and there is no point in going out for the sake of it,so it’s been mainly just keeping up has fitness and building up his staminer and muscle with him coming out on jobs and just having a run and being around other dogs and people as it’s important to have a dog which is friendly towards other dogs and there owners.

we were out again today doing a clear up job in Market Drayton and i managed to get a photograph of him,I took a few but most were crap and blurred.

so this is Weaver who is now just over 6 months old and to say he is like a tornado who be an understatement,he is like no other dog I have had which were all Spaniels and I thought they had energy but this sprocker has 3 times as much and if I can harness it and train him to an above standard he will be a smashing little working dog.4DDFE589-8959-4A74-82F3-A947FD207544.thumb.jpeg.16a368ab82c5d0c33a23d1049f579fca.jpeg

Wow he,s grown?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all and just a quick up date on Weaver...he is 7 months old know and coming on really well(hope he stops growing soon?).

anyway weather down here has been bad and everywhere is either flooded or just a mud bath and haven’t been able to get out as much as I would like and been doing lots of call outs so pretty knackered at the mo...did a small job in Tetbury yesterday and took weaver as normal the garden was big enough for him to run round and play most of the day..covered in mud and shit but he loves it..first thing to do after put the gear away and put the kettle on was to give him a bath....this is Weaver just relaxing but wanting to go out again.more updates when I can get out and do some proper work with him.

26FE38E1-47A4-4BCF-B1AA-62EEE261255B.thumb.jpeg.0309a0c2cab7ed8fe44054571b89591f.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all and hope all good with everyone,well a lot has happened since I last posted on my new sprocker Weaver,floods for weeks and not really being able to do much with him and now the old Coronavirus.

Anyway As said in other posts I have started and have commented on I have still been going to work and for the last couple of days have been doing a nice little tree job near a pond and the owners have kindly let me do a little work with Weaver just small retrieveing and getting him use to water so here are a few photographs from today.if you look closely in the first photograph in the background there are some ducks and yes real ones and he was very good and didn’t bother with them while hunting for the dummy in the reed bed.

4FE891DA-5D4C-465E-87B5-A066945721D3.thumb.jpeg.b6abcf3835f9813ef7be1f5f4a6acb31.jpeg

2806E0E1-F32D-4984-A2E8-B9E3E2165550.thumb.jpeg.ba1c20e37123595c44a7cd1b6da7f6dc.jpeg

E99F175A-EC3A-40D8-8593-4C501EE6B6F9.thumb.jpeg.e37ca89aa7ad63fcf4ad35982f357b9a.jpeg

944A9584-8C1C-42AA-9A25-6F64052E4564.thumb.jpeg.fdb596487150b3a28277c7320d10dee4.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Andrew McEwan said:

Great photos, miss having a spaniel 

Always had Spaniels myself but fancied a change so got a sprocker and I must admit there energy is boundless and he is so brave and not frightened of anything and for his size he is so strong,Weaver is just over 7 months old now so he still has a little bit of growing to do but hopefully not much more.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Evening all and hope all good with everyone,well a lot has happened since I last posted on my new sprocker Weaver,floods for weeks and not really being able to do much with him and now the old Coronavirus.

Anyway As said in other posts I have started and have commented on I have still been going to work and for the last couple of days have been doing I have been doing a nice little tree job near a pond and the owners have kindly let me do a little work with Weaver just small retrieveing and getting him use to water so here are a few photographs from today.if you look closely in the first photograph in the background there are some ducks and yes real ones and he was very good and didn’t bother with them while hunting for the dummy in the reed bed.

4FE891DA-5D4C-465E-87B5-A066945721D3.thumb.jpeg.b6abcf3835f9813ef7be1f5f4a6acb31.jpeg

2806E0E1-F32D-4984-A2E8-B9E3E2165550.thumb.jpeg.ba1c20e37123595c44a7cd1b6da7f6dc.jpeg

E99F175A-EC3A-40D8-8593-4C501EE6B6F9.thumb.jpeg.e37ca89aa7ad63fcf4ad35982f357b9a.jpeg

944A9584-8C1C-42AA-9A25-6F64052E4564.thumb.jpeg.fdb596487150b3a28277c7320d10dee4.jpeg

That's an uplifting tale Wayne, need something to lighten the present mood. He's looking good mate.