New Addition

5 shires

9 hours ago, roboted said:

I like that scurry den idea. little chaps coming on nice ?

7 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

What a wee cracker, he is growing up fast.

Thanks both,the scurry Dens(I have called them that)are something I have always used,just a few conifer branches stuck into the ground so there not lying flat and make a kinda small canopy so the dog can work inside,just gets them used to getting into brash and hunting out and finding game.Sometimes I don’t use a dummie or a dead bird I hide a couple of his favourite treats in there which is a little harder to find and makes them work that little bit harder.

• Like 2

Evening Lads and Lassies...well another Monday and an easy start to the week and need it as worked Saturday & Sunday(just has to be done sometimes) Anyway just a small reduction of a few small trees today,Cherry,willow and was allowed to have weaver with me to clear up,he is such a good little dog and very friendly even if a bit boisterous.

he runs a plays but never goes far and always comes back when I call him,I don’t take the whistle to work just voice commands,nothing much to report on the training front as yet just doing small bits with him so nothing technical to write about.

its more just getting him use to all the noises and smells and of course people and other animals.

He eats really well and I always have a few pieces of tripe stick in my pocket which I give him for coming back and getting in the truck when I ask him.

With the treats I have always made a point of not letting him recognise that they come out of a noisy packet and always keep them in a jar as I don’t want him to associate the noise of a packet as something he can eat and not staring at you when you open a packet of crisps,sweets or any other food(nothing worse then a begging dog looking at you while you are eating.

I have had to educate certain people and always ask any of my customers who’s house i’am working at not to give him anything and or throw things,some get it others think i’am being unfair but it’s the way it has to be.

When his training really kicks in I will post more interesting things but until then I will just post small updates and photographs of how he is growing,also if anyone wants to ask any questions regarding anything i’am doing and the progress of Weaver or can give there own views please feel free to join in.

Weaver Helping Me To Tidy Up(He Stays In The Bag When I Drag It

7DDBBCEC-70F4-4F24-99BE-6040127957B6.thumb.jpeg.64ebbb6abdbaf9426de104d6611f99c0.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all and hope you have all had a fab and restful Xmas so far,anyway after about 5 hours of trying and yes it had to be done,I managed to get this photograph of Weaver.best I could do as the antlers are now in pieces.

Anyway here’s a happy Xmas and a great new year from myself and Weaver.

EA2A9175-83C1-4CAC-B359-D54F80333C0F.thumb.jpeg.68ccd35f5e0089e94e96d862e72fe136.jpeg

7569DFC4-B12B-451D-98DA-6D2F8178EC48.thumb.jpeg.b1a32d4112364c0a7aa7ec4104cbfaba.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all just a little up date on how things are going with Weaver he is coming on really well obviously growing and getting stronger but training is still at doing the basics at the moment and nothing to technical.

i took him out the weekend hopping to get some decent photographs of him but I only managed to take one as my iPad crashed and just wouldn’t turn back on so this is Weaver just waiting to go and pick up trianing dummies.

hopfully I will get my iPad sorted it doesn’t Lime the cold and just shuts down so will try again.

72247104-5BEB-4E3C-ABAF-9CFB62DC2C7E.thumb.jpeg.6c768e76ac608ca86a0f41c3940517d0.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

He has really grown !!!

Yes he has really come on in size and muscle...can’t remember my Spaniels growing so fast and filling out.my Spaniels always went all lanky before they filled out so quickly I guess because Weaver is a sprocker it’s a slighty different growing pattern,never thought about it before and obviously the food now has much more protein and supplements in it now days.i feed him on Skinners field and trial musle mix with chopped chicken and cod liver oil twice a day.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 5