4ft long logs/branches wanted BB9

Woodlover

31 minutes ago, Woodlover said:

Has Larch got nice textured bark ?  and is it unwanted/unloved and rejected in the world of firewood logs? as every one wants hard woods? if so I want what you guys do not, I will pay the normal Ton price for the too small stuff and save your chippers some work.

Do you guys process into logs anything under 8 inch? or is it just chipped? What is too small for a log processor or what size is just hassle? I was hoping the size of log I requested would be of a size usually rejected for firewood and therefore I would be swamped with offers...?

Larch makes very good firewood and is one of the better softwoods by far, larch is a very durable timber outdoors,i was on a site on monday where i have some larch stacked up, been there near on 3 year now and its fine, we dont have any problem selling any blocks of larch we drop due to so much being felled several years ago that was  infected with pytothera so mills are starting to take what larch is offered to them, same with the fencing guys they like larch strainers and fence posts, done a few larch recently and not that far from you some good gun barrel straight trees that would be approaching 100ft + but all gone now,

• Like 2