4ft long logs/branches wanted BB9

Woodlover

I only need about a Ton`s worth but will consider any deal up to 5 Ton if its cheaper per Ton. I want any wood other than silver birch, ideally a mix of soft and hard woods .Freshly felled or seasoned. Nice and straight if poss. 

I need it delivered to Nelson East Lancashire.

I need the majority of the logs to be roughly 4ft long but some bigger or smaller is fine, also they only need to be about 5 inches thick  ...about the thickness of this one in a pic I found would be perfect. Got Cash ,the space is ready for them from next Monday onwards....PM me a price please.

logsaaa.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

May I ask why? Seems a rather odd choice to actively not want?

I am led to believe it rots easily ,I do not want to burn it I want to make stuff out of it for outside use. Also the little bit I have had recently been given to me had loads of rot in the middle of the larger logs , I had not seen this on any other logs ever before so I am a bit put of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodlover said:

I am led to believe it rots easily ,I do not want to burn it I want to make stuff out of it for outside use. Also the little bit I have had recently been given to me had loads of rot in the middle of the larger logs , I had not seen this on any other logs ever before so I am a bit put of.

Ahh, I see. I assumed as you where posting in the firewood forum you where cutting firewood. :D Birch obviously makes very good firewood, hence my question. :) 

15 minutes ago, Stere said:

What yah gonna make?

In a dream the other night this bearded old guy told me to make a boat...but I am not doing that, I am building a log shelter that runs around the fence of my garden and will have planters on the roof... and also , hopefully something that might be a money maker ?...and believe it or not it may get me and my family a free stay in a center parks, if my cunning plan works...but that is top secret so don't tell anyone about that ...or the boat , I don't want a load of animals turning up, the misses would go mental.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

Yip Birch rots in front of your eyes, larch would be your best bet

Has Larch got nice textured bark ?  and is it unwanted/unloved and rejected in the world of firewood logs? as every one wants hard woods? if so I want what you guys do not, I will pay the normal Ton price for the too small stuff and save your chippers some work.

Do you guys process into logs anything under 8 inch? or is it just chipped? What is too small for a log processor or what size is just hassle? I was hoping the size of log I requested would be of a size usually rejected for firewood and therefore I would be swamped with offers...?