Chipper weights.

markieg31

Hi guys and girls, contemplating a new, new to me, old chipper and am wondering about weights.

For reference would any one know the weight of

Jensen a528?

entec ch35 ?

Had the jensen and currently got the entec but considering changing and am looking at either the the jensen a530, which i know i will be able to tow round yer okay, and tw 190 but wondering how that in compares in weight to the old pencil sharpeners i have had/got.

Any help much appretiated.

On 29/10/2019 at 20:02, Mick Dempsey said:

According to internet it’s under 750 (Jensen)

The internet knows everything. 

I would be surprised if any of the chippers quoted as "sub-750" were actually that when they have a bellyfull of oil and a tankfull of fuel. 

What the internet or even the operator manuals says won't do you much good when you get waved on to the weighbridge. 

As someone above has said, just do the test!

• Like 1

Hi , I can give you the Timberwolf weights but don't know the Jensons sorry. The new model TW190TDHB is listed at 1080KG . The Entec 35HP would be approx. 650-700KG depending on it being a braked axle or not.
Gareth of Green Plant 01483 235111.
I would have thought that the entec would weigh more than the later tw150 as there is a a few more metal parts present on the emtec that are not on the 150

I have got my trailer ticket so no worries on that front. The limiting factor here is the 90 horse transit and the hills round these part so my inquiry is mainly to see how much heavier the chippers are in comparison in an effort so gauge if i am going to be going bavkwards down dunkery. It is already a second and first gear job

• Like 1