Who here runs ported saws ?

Yngwie

Exactly, from my experience, ported saws have more torque not higher rpm.
Great for running longer bars with smaller powerheads.
Or for dropping the gauges and cutting quicker on short bars.
[emoji106]
Coincidentally the warranty on my 880 is well over...
[emoji848]
What would you suggest for an 880 milling saw mod?
[emoji106]

I’d leave it alone, you’ve no need to rush on your milling jobs. You put your engine in your tranny yet?

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Still not your saws. All the videos you've posted are from the same German YouTuber. Do you have any ported saws?

Of course I do ... the 660 and 395 vids shown previously are both mine along with another 8 ported saws ! Here’s me hotwoods ported 261c ! ...

someone mention torque ?

Edited by Yngwie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This has been my experience too.
Did try the 661 with a 20" bar and 8 pin, [emoji13][emoji106]

Ran a stock 395 with an 8 pin on 20 3/8 .058 for a while, holy hell ‘‘twas quick but it kept breaking the chain tensioner if I cut with a pushing chain so gave up on it, switched back to 7 pin after buying all the tensioners my local dealer had in stock... ??‍♂️??‍♂️
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My ported 576 is up for grabs if any one is interested.

ROVER.EBAY.COM

The saw had at around 30 hours a full rebuild including new genuine crank and piston after an auto tune failure. the auto tune was removed and replaced with a standard carb as the Husqvarna generation one auto tune fittted to these saws was a bit of a failure.

My ported 576 is up for grabs if any one is interested.

s-l400.jpg ROVER.EBAY.COM
The saw had at around 30 hours a full rebuild including new genuine crank and piston after an auto tune failure. the auto tune was removed and replaced with a standard carb as the Husqvarna generation one auto tune fittted to these saws was a bit of a failure.

Nice yellow sticker [emoji106]
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

12-12.6K in the cut according to the tacho, Tuned to 14.5K out of the cut. I would consider this far too hot to run as a work saw(and have since sold it off). But I learned a lot about it having had it all apart:

Edited by wyk
  • Like 1

I recall this bouncing around 12K in the wood when I had the tach to it. This is a 4300 I did for Shavey. Tuned to just bounce off the limiter at 13.6 or so:

• Like 2