Who here runs ported saws ?

Yngwie

3 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

Iron horse chainsaws,, you only need to see his youtoob channel and work out bucking billy recommended him..Harvey is a sweet guy...

Firewood30 I pm'd you.. ????

Yah Harvey’s ok ? ... I’m pretty sure he doesn’t work on the new auto-tune or mtronic saws per his statement on one of his vids , but he may have changed his tune idk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Be interesting to compare stock with ported.
But was anyone surprised the 90cc ported Saw was the fastest?
Anyone had a 261 ported?
emoji106.png

The porting is rather mild because I liked how much I got from the exhaust mod. No timing advance. But it gives you an idea what the differences can be. Same wood, same saw, same dude. The ported saw might have done better if it wasn't clogging the clutch side with chips.

Edited by wyk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FireWood30 said:

So sorry friend if I offended. Are you this Fabz? As you seem be defending him as if you were him?

Haha how’s it going Dre ? Ya ain’t no friend of mine ya Belgian fruitcake and We’ve got your number ... Now kindly go spout your BS / character assassination somewhere else ... now piss-off ya stook - you’re thick as manure , and only about 1/2 as useful ! 

2 hours ago, wyk said:

The porting is rather mild because I liked how much I got from the exhaust mod. No timing advance. But it gives you an idea what the differences can be. Same wood, same saw, same dude. The ported saw might have done better if it wasn't clogging the clutch side with chips.

Nice runner !  The timing advance isn’t always the be all end all IF ya want torque - a lot builders gloss over this concept 

• Like 1

Googles what stook means......

A stook, also referred to as a shock, is a circular or rounded arrangement of swathes of cut grain stalks placed on the ground in a field. Typically sheaves of grains such as wheat, barley and oats may be 'stooked' so they are ready for threshing. In England a stook may also particularly refer to twelve sheaves. In North America, a stook also refers to a stack of six, ten or fifteen bales of hay or straw, stacked in the field. The bales are stacked and deposited by a "stooking machine" or "stooker" that is dragged, sled-like, behind the baler.

7 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I had no idea there was this fractiousness between saw tuners.

I’ve seen it on another forum, it reminds me a bit of Peter Griffin and the giant chicken.

Unfortunately you are correct ... I believe if you want to become good at something it takes time and effort ... if you are building saws (or whatever endeavor)and the competition has a better product then you go out to the woodshed until ya get it right — Not try and assassinate the other guy’s character ... hallmarks of a mentally-irregular , WEAK individual ... ok I’ll not waste another keystroke on this douche-bag - back to your regularly- scheduled program ? 

• Like 1