Who here runs ported saws ?

Yngwie

Yah , mastermind (Randy) from Tennessee is featured in your first video ; the second is Brad Snelling from Ohio ... both are competent builders ... as far as the gent in the video goes I assure you he’s playing with full-deck , in fact he’s got xtra cards up his sleeve [emoji38] 

I was looking to get my new Stihl MS462 ported and that first gentleman was highly recommended buy some guys that ran his saws at a racing chainsaw event. They all said stay clear of the guy in the video you posted, said he was mentally not right in the head and got into some trouble or something with a bunch of people. Which builder to you recommend? I travel all over the country so it really doesn't matter to me where they are located.

11 minutes ago, FireWood30 said:

I was looking to get my new Stihl MS462 ported and that first gentleman was highly recommended buy some guys that ran his saws at a racing chainsaw event. They all said stay clear of the guy in the video you posted, said he was mentally not right in the head and got into some trouble or something with a bunch of people. Which builder to you recommend? I travel all over the country so it really doesn't matter to me where they are located.

Yah , I don’t know where this rubbish about being not “mentally right in the head is and trouble with other people” is coming from ... then again narcissist(s) have no problem lying thru their teeth ... especially if their livelihoods (porting saws) depend on it haha !   I do not “port saws” for me bread and butter rather USE them to earn $$$ ... I can earn FAR more $$$ operating them then I can porting them ... I’m confident that me hotwoods ported 462c will take the other(s) lunch money with no undue fanfare !  Good day sir and best of luck finding a builder for your 462c 

Edited by Yngwie
  • Like 1

Sorry if I offended you. No need to be so aggressive, I find that is often a sign of a fragile ego. I also saw some of the saws they had at the race event on YouTube, they were running on alcohol and Nitro, crazy! never knew things like that even existed. So do you have any builder recomdations? I'll be in Vancouver British Columbia in a few weeks, I know some guys are in that area.

13 minutes ago, FireWood30 said:

Sorry if I offended you. No need to be so aggressive, I find that is often a sign of a fragile ego. I also saw some of the saws they had at the race event on YouTube, they were running on alcohol and Nitro, crazy! never knew things like that even existed. So do you have any builder recomdations? I'll be in Vancouver British Columbia in a few weeks, I know some guys are in that area.

I really could give 2-chits either way guy ... at 6ft 250lbs I have no need to be aggressive ... believe what thou will but consider the source and remember there is always 2-sides to a story !  Again, good day and good luck in your search for a builder to hop up your 462c 

If your referring to fabz, you only have to read some of his posts on other places on the net, to workout either he’s trying to be a comical, or he’s got some unnormal brainwaves going on.  The other two guys brad and randy have a good reputation.  

There are many saw porters in the USA to choose from and 

I will say their are a few  guys to keep well away from.. I,m not here to say who, just make sure you do your readings in the interwebs first, and make sure you get upto date info, good apples go bad after a while ?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

If your referring to fabz, you only have to read some of his posts on other places on the net, to workout either he’s trying to be a comical, or he’s got some unnormal brainwaves going on.  The other two guys brad and randy have a good reputation.  

I will say their are a few  guys to keep well away from.. I,m not here to say who, just make sure you do your readings in the interwebs first, and make sure you get upto date info, good apples go bad after a while ?

Yeppers , anyone who uses bugs bunny as an avatar is obviously trying to be comical and goof off ... I guess some lack the sense of humor and take it literally- sucks to be them ... I’d go further in my search and check the prospective builders background and track record before I wood invest $ in having them build a Saw . numerous sites will display the bare truth about an individual; criminal history , bankruptcy, lawsuits etc ... “some” apples were sour from jump - street !  This is not to say people can’t change because it DOES happen - look at Buckin Billy-Ray ; He talked about his past in a video - laid it out bare-bones ; straight -up and look at him go now ! Lotta respect for the guy even if he’s a little goofy (like me) ... I STIHL prefer a maul over an axe though ... sorry Buckin ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Yeppers , anyone who uses bugs bunny as an avatar is obviously trying to be comical and goof off ... I guess some lack the sense of humor and take it literally- sucks to be them ... I’d go further in my search and check the prospective builders background and track record before I wood invest $ in having them build a Saw . numerous sites will display the bare truth about an individual; criminal history , bankruptcy, lawsuits etc ... “some” apples were sour from jump - street !  This is not to say people can’t change because it DOES happen - look at Buckin Billy-Ray ; He talked about his past in a video - laid it out bare-bones ; straight -up and look at him go now ! Lotta respect for the guy even if he’s a little goofy (like me) ... I STIHL prefer a maul over an axe though ... sorry Buckin ? 

Buckin Billy Ray,now he gets the job done(one way or another):thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Buckin Billy Ray,now he gets the job done(one way or another):thumbup:

Yeppers , I visit his utube channel and find his demeanor quite refreshing !  In fact I could go as far as saying I’ve used some of his wisdom in my own life to get my fanny in gear ! Like I said he’s a little goofy sometimes but a kindred spirit nonetheless 

• Like 2

I will say their are a few  guys to keep well away from.. I,m not here to say who, just make sure you do your readings in the interwebs first, and make sure you get upto date info, good apples go bad after a while [emoji6]

Fabz? Don't know, but about everyone I've contacted about this sid he was mentally ill and had dozens of different usernames all over the place. Said he was full of it was always bragging, but had nothing to back it up other than bad videos. Anyway for a guy to get that type of reputation I'll just keep away.

Is Terry Landrum a good modder? Ironhorse chainsaws? Hotsaws101? The modder in Ohio said he has been ill and isn't a saw modder now.

Sorry I'm new to this, signed to this sight years ago, but only lurked.

I really could give 2-chits either way guy ... at 6ft 250lbs I have no need to be aggressive ... believe what thou will but consider the source and remember there is always 2-sides to a story !  Again, good day and good luck in your search for a builder to hop up your 462c 

So sorry friend if I offended. Are you this Fabz? As you seem be defending him as if you were him?