G30 chip etc biomass chip

swinny

Is there anywhere localish in the north west (I'm Burnley and Skipton area) that takes g30 etc biomass chip that needs drying?

I'm just looking to make more income from produce at the yard. If I was to get a cone splitter for a bigger digger and say a 12" heizo. Chip my wood and cart it off to sell? 

These artics pay peanuts for a low grade product to them (average woodchip leaf etc) 

Is this a goer? 

I send quite a bit off in big lumps. Next person cracks them up and chips them then sells on from there. Was wondering if there's an angle for me In this process some where.

How much a cube is the end product? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Is there anywhere localish in the north west (I'm Burnley and Skipton area) that takes g30 etc biomass chip that needs drying?

I'm just looking to make more income from produce at the yard. If I was to get a cone splitter for a bigger digger and say a 12" heizo. Chip my wood and cart it off to sell? 

These artics pay peanuts for a low grade product to them (average woodchip leaf etc) 

Is this a goer? 

I send quite a bit off in big lumps. Next person cracks them up and chips them then sells on from there. Was wondering if there's an angle for me In this process some where.

Cheers

swinny i would leave that well alone at the moment as there is a good possability that the arse could drop out of the chip market yet, the guy i rent my yard off has a boiler 2 arctic loads a week about £68 tonne for 20% moisture 6 wks ago and first load this wk £60 tonne and second load that cam today £58.75 a tonne  delivered in, another place he gets odd load from its £45 tonne for chipped arb waste may be a bit wetter but mixes it in with the other to make it go futther,

9 hours ago, swinny said:

Is this a goer? 

Cheers

if you have a use for the kit outside of producing some biomass chip i’d say go for it

i have a cone splitter and a heizohack, mainly for my own work and a bit of contract chipping. there’s a biomass place down the road that buys my whole tree, arb and round wood chip. it makes a nice little addition to a day to run a load of chip in if we finish early or if there’s no need for me to be onsite. i wouldn’t base my justification for having the kit on that reason though because at somepoint it’ll all go pop

personally i’d get the next size up heizo  if i was you  

• Like 1