How can we revitalise this forum?

wisewood

29 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Sometimes i check in and straight back out because its mostly Brexit Talk and not Arb Talk,not that i i,m not concerened whats going on but its on the radio/telly all the time and i dont want to talk/argue about it on here aswell 

Where do you find this Brexit talk apart from in the Brexit and some times making the news today thread? I genuinely interested as I feel I'm missing out on another opportunity to post some right wing rants. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

Just think people dont bother posting about things when theres arguments/debates going on about it, its just my opinion,as for yourself if you want to rant on here thats fine:thumbup:

Well if you think that one or two threads debating Brexit, on a sub-forum hardly anyone visits is putting people off viewing the sub forum for chainsaw carving much to contrary to everyone else opinion and evidence then of course that's your right.  :) Its also mine to call you out on your BS. :) 

36 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Well if you think that one or two threads debating Brexit, on a sub-forum hardly anyone visits is putting people off viewing the sub forum for chainsaw carving much to contrary to everyone else opinion and evidence then of course that's your right.  :) Its also mine to call you out on your BS. :) 

And this exactly the kind of post that drives people away.

Just because what some of us consider distasteful stuff is posted in only one or two sub forums it does not stop it tainting the whole forum. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Just because what some of us consider distasteful stuff is posted in only one or two sub forums it does not stop it tainting the whole forum. 

Yep spot on

• Like 1

Just been talking to my Mrs about this, I picked up around 500,000 views on my "what's on your bench" thread in around two years and then around another 150,000 in the last three years. 

One member thought my porting thread had a large lump deleted as it had no posts since last March. 

I guess Facebook (don't use it) and some of the Brexit and Political debates put most off leaving only a few loyal posters left. 

It is a shame but not much you can do about the change in people's posting habits.

• Like 4

Oh ok? A bit rich coming from you considering you made this thread political and highlighted your political bias while creating a Strawman argument. ?

8 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Kinda ironic that you 'tainted' this very thread with your highly tenuous Brexit observation on just the 3rd reply.

I am not really interested in Brexit either way. 

Luckily, I have the self-control to avoid the 'news' and 'no deal' thread, so Brexit doesn’t generally register on my visits to the forum.  I'm know it’s difficult when you are totally passionate about something, and only a few others seem interested, but the majority of the population just doesn’t really care.

You need to let it go and move on.  There are more interesting things going on on this planet.

• Like 1