Considering a VW Transporter day van T5 probably

difflock

Might have a nice T6, T32 LWB high roof, high line, with 4x4 and diff locks coming up for sale soon :)

On 22/10/2019 at 23:14, eggsarascal said:

Never seen a transit day van, the campers are the most stolen campers about. Most insurance companies won't touch them.

The Transit custom hi roofs don't have a very good head hights inside, we looked at them and decided they would be crap as a camper.

11 minutes ago, scraggs said:

Might have a nice T6, T32 LWB high roof, high line, with 4x4 and diff locks coming up for sale soon :)

The Transit custom hi roofs don't have a very good head hights inside, we looked at them and decided they would be crap as a camper.

I've never seen a transit day van unless it was a self build, there was a transit jumbo knocking about Sudbury a few weeks ago that was a self build, I had a beer with the lad who owned it he'd made a proper job of it. Getting insurance on them is really limiting, my 811 is the same even though it's on the V5 that it is a Motor Caravan, lots of the big insurance companies won't touch it.

18 hours ago, PeteB said:

Why is the insurance tough to get? I would have thought the risk was low as most of the time, they are on the drive only doing a couple of k pa?

You've answered your own question about Transits, they are low mileage engines and parts, they are stolen to be split for parts. The insurance companies don't like trucks like mine because it is over 25 years old . My mate insures his £45k motor home with Comfort insurance cheaper than I insure a <£10k motor home.